Need replacement FLU screen

Ranma13

When I tried to remove some of the 'scratches' on my GP32 today, I found out that it was actually the FLU screen (the screen that the FLU shines on in order to illuminate the back) that was scratched. I was wondering if any of you are willing to sell a replacement? Also, when I reinstalled the screen back in, I have a discoloration on the left side of the screen now, as if someone was gently pressing on the LCD, but when I double-checked, it seems to be related to the FLU screen, not pressure on the LCD. Any ideas on how to fix this?

animator75

Website
Visit site
I also need a replacement. :( My GP got stepped on (not by me) so there is scratches on the FLU. I have mailed the guys who make it but gotten no answer. In Sweden we have a big electronics company called ELFA, they seem to have sheets of ribbed plastic that might work as a replacement, but there is no way of knowing untill tried, and they have quite many types.. I will order what I think would work and give it a try. I just wonder how the LED's are mounted under the small brass plate?.. Have you removed that and had a look?

mragonias

Still Fresh
animator, i have a question for you: the brass plate and the ribbed plastic sheet are only one piece? or are separated? I don't understand the first picture because it seems that diodes are integrated in the ribbed plastic. (sorry for my english)

animator75

Website
Visit site
I think that the brass plate and the FLU is glued together, but I'm not sure. I don't want to remove it until I have found something that works as a replacement. Does anyone else know? The first picture is just a simple guide how a FLU works, it might not look exactly like that on the GP32

/Tobias