Mashmods Glass Screen Replacement

moz

load *,8,1
Website
Visit site
:eek: well i now know how NOT to do a screen replacement.

If you are planning on doing this mod then be very careful of the FLU screen, dont scratch or touch it as when the flu is turned on it'll light the scratch/dust/fingerprint like the 4th of july. it is double sided taped to the rear of the front plastic screen that gets replaced.

The problem started when the screen supplied was to wide in the y axis

i got digital snaps of the mod if anyone wants to view.

happy with the mod but would of been very helpful if there was a guide. I may create a guide if people want it.

I think a guide would be very helpful; the glass screen replacement seems like a great solution for many of us and a good guide (with pics especially) would be fantasctic

I woudnt say it is so difficult. I spent a few days running through the town to get a piece of really thin glass and finally managed to buy a small 1.4mm glass. My father than cut and filed it for me so that I took away the grey frame and replaced the original plastic screen with the glass one. The GP32 is a bit weightier now, but if you polish the glass to full sheen and put it in with care, there will be no figer-prints nor speckles (well, almost ;)). And you can avoid having the glass sent from abroad this way.

Back