Need help PCSX_rearmed on Beagleboard Black

Filippo Signori

Still Fresh
Hello to everybody in this forum.

My name is Filippo and I'm from Italy.

I'm totally new to the world of Linux....so I'm a total NOOB...:)
I have a Beagleboard black so I take the opportunity to use it for understand and know more about the world of Linux.

For start job I try to compile and run Pcsx-Rearmed on my beagleboard.

I manage to compile it following the notaz instructions and the emulator runs very well.

But I have some clues:

Is it possible to run it full screen or not..??

Is it possible to use open gl or open gles acceleration ..??

For what I understand , beagleboard hw acceleration it's very complicated to use.....

Sorry if I made some silly question...but my knowledge is very low....so I need a little help to go on.

I wish to everybody a nice day....and thanks to everybody that spend a little of his free time to read my post.

Best regards

Filippo

PCSX_rearmed is designed to use software rendering for almost everything. On the Pandora it uses hardware acceleration for scaling I think, and relatively recently gained the ability to farm sound processing off to a DSP core, but I don't know if anyone's done the work to get it to use any of the beaglebone black's special hardware similarly.

To do it to use OpenGL for composition would probably be even more work for not a lot of gain. The playstation didn't support OpenGL, so the aim is to emulate a non-standard graphics pipeline, which has a number of special tricks and features which don't align very well with OpenGL's features I guess. So you'd need to do a lot of work primarily to cripple OpenGL in just the right way, so it probably wouldn't end up being any faster, and may even end up slower.

Hello levi,

thanks a lot for the prompt answer.

Thanks also for the clear explanation.

Any help to get Pcsx-rearmed run full screen ..??

I'm using Debian 8.2 jessie image for Beagleboard Black.

Thanks a lot again.

Filippo

On the Pandora it uses hardware acceleration for scaling I think,
I'm not sure it does even that, I believe it's using the OMAP frame buffer scalar. which is most likely why it's not scaling properly for Filippo. Notaz if he sees this may be able to aid further.

I don't know if beablebone is using omapfb or omapdrm these days. If it's still using omapfb, then "./configure --platform=pandora" might work and make use of OMAP's scaler, although it might be some code changes are still needed. I haven't touch PCSX for a long time now and don't really remember much.

Hello TrashyMG and notaz.

thanks for your answers.

I think beagleboard black it's using the omapfb.....

I will try now and after I'll post my results.

Thanks a lot to everybody for the help.

Regards

Filippo
[doublepost=1453592761,1453588669][/doublepost]Hello notaz,

I have compiled che pcsx _rearmed with ./configure --platform=pandora

It configure and make with no errors ....but when I launch nothing appear on video.

How can I help you to understand the error..?

thanks in advance

Filippo

Well almost anything could be wrong, I won't even try to guess. If you could post the console output maybe it would be more clear.
Also omapfb might require root (on pandora, the system is set up so that no root is needed but that's not standard).

thanks for the answer notaz,

Unfortunately I don't have the right cable to get the consolle output.

I 'll buy it and I will post the consolle output as soon as I get the cable.

For the moment thanks a lot for your help and for your patience with a noob like me.

thanks again

Filippo

You can pipe console output to a file when you run the compiled code. Say the target is 'pcsx', issue:
./pcsx > /tmp/pcsx.log 2>&1

That'll generate a new file in /tmp called pcsx.log, or overwrite it if it's already there. You could change that path to be somewhere on your sd card if you get files on and off the thing by ejecting the card and reading it on a PC, for example.

Thanks a lot levi..!! :D

I'll try immediatelly..!!!
[doublepost=1453609487,1453603839][/doublepost]got it..!!

The consolle output is :

dev/fb1: open: No such file or directory

Is this mean that my debian image it is not omapfb..??

How can I check if my beagleboard black it's using omapfb or omapdrm..??

Thanks..!!

Filippo

ls /dev/dri/
if that outputs anything it's most likely using omapdrm.

Actually I'm not even sure if Black has hardware scalers at all, it's completely different SoC.

Hello notaz,
thanks for the help.
I try your command and this is the output :

root@beaglebone:/home/debian# ls /dev/dri
card0 controlD64

Hello to everybody..!!

Eureka.....it worksss..!

I manage to compile and install properly gles drivers for beagleboad black...!
And now I can choose gles gpu..!!
Pcsx rearmed run incredible..(little glitchy but visually impressive)

In beagleboard black...run gles drivers make the emulator run from full screen, but the image is in the bottom left corner.

So...now....

How can I move in a center position the image..??

And....
How can I run pcsx_rearmed without x..??

Thaks to everybody ..!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Filippo

Back