Need Gba Flash Card Help

Zorn

Website
Visit site
I'm going to buy a gba flash card. the big problem is, which card should i buy?
there are so many. i think i will buy the EZFA 256Mbit version.

BUT: Have i understand it?

I've got this flash card in my gba.
now i can load gba games (commercial or freeware) on my gba.

after that i just have to press start + select when the gba is starting.
then i can choose game and play it. thats it. Right?

or do i need a browser program??
I've heard something about pogoshell. i can just use it with f2A, i know.

but i don't realy need this program to load a rom file. thats right, isn't it?

i don't know if its right. so please explain it to me!! :)

You don't need pogoshell to launch a rom. You only press start and select on the gba when you are about to put the games on the cart. Whenever you turn on the gba with the flash cart inside you should have a list to chose the games from without having to press anything.

Also ... GBAtemp is a good site to visit to see what the latest releases are and talk about flash carts. It also has all the programs you need to set up your flash cart.

I have an F2A 256 MB card and I use PogoShell which is excellent once you get the hang of it. However, if you don't want to (or can't) use PogoShell, you can get by perfectly well by using LittleWriter as your flashing software.

In LittleWriter, you choose the ROMs you want to load to your cart and then click a button to flash. You then put the cart in your GBA, turn it on, and you are then shown a menu where you pick the game you want to play.

LittleWriter also backs up your save files from your cart automatically every time you use it. When you are choosing ROMs to put on your cart, Littlewriter looks at your save file back ups and finds the most recent save for the games you are flashing, so it is all automatic really.

Back