Native Ports Of Classic Fps's

CaanDoo

Still Fresh
Here is my obligatory first post with suggestions attached!

I'm expecting my Caanoo to drop through the door tomorrow and I'm very excited to get a new toy. The one thing I would dearly love to see is more active porting of classic FPS's. There is no Heretic, Hexen, ROTT, Duke3D or Descent on the Caanoo and the Caanoo build of PrBoom is 2 iterations behind the PC version. It really surprises me that there isn't more activity around these stalwarts - especially as they have all been ported to previous GPH consoles... :)

Anyway, so yeah, I'd love to see native ports of these lovely games. :)

GPH QUAKE is already out, http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57252-gph-quake/ but for the others... you can use ginge and see if they work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the GP2X version of Descent (with Ginge).
I've tried to port it, but had no luck (maybe, because I don't know too much about this topic). But will surely do again, if I have time.

Oh, and there was also the simple FPS "Assault Cube" suggessted, with mp feature!

Obviously, I don't have my Caanoo yet but having looked around a fair bit I had come to the conclusion that Ginge wasn't great with these games, particualrly with regards to controls. One example I remember reading was about ROTT constantly 'looking' up into the sky etc. Have these issues been resolved then?

quake runs pretty great for me, and so does duke3d (that one running through ginge).
aside from duke i'm not sure how well certain games run using ginge, but if they run as good as duke they should be fine.

Back