Name the Pandora 2

Kind of sticking with Greek mythology, or at least Greco-Roman mythology, but jumping to moons of Saturn, you have many choices; Titan, Janus (not a good idea; Sinclair tried that already), Phoebe (ditto; the machine that killed Acorn), Prometheus (might get confusing on this forum), Tethys, Rhea or a host of other more difficult to pronounce names.

I like what somebody put for their wallpaper... P&|A.

So, P&|A2 I guess :)

Prometheus (might get confusing on this forum)
Gave fire to the humans, though. And the one from Mega Man ZX (for who I am named) carries a big scary scythe. What more could you want, I ask you? :lol:

Anyway, joking aside, and going off of this one: Epimetheus. Epimetheus was Prometheus' brother, and was Pandora's husband. The trouble is, Epimetheus was apparently a bit of a chump, so perhaps it's not such a great name to use. :lol:

That said, where Prometheus' name meant "foresight", Epimetheus' meant something like "hindsight", and I'm sure there was plenty that was learned throughout the production of the Pandora which would make that fitting for a follow-up machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus (might get confusing on this forum)
Gave fire to the humans, though. And the one from Mega Man ZX (for who I am named) carries a big scary scythe. What more could you want, I ask you? :lol:

Yes, but let us not forget that Prometheus is-- to this day-- doomed to physical immortality and to have his ever-respawning liver incessantly pecked out by a hawk. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would void the warranty. :(

A classic one:

Open Pandora ++

No, no, no. This would have to be ++Pandora. I hate how it's C++, and everything++, because you're incrementing it AFTER you refer to it. The unary increment operator must be placed before the variable name so that the variable is first incremented, then used. :p

</pedant> </petpeeve>

The Rothwell QS. Half the memory would be hanging out the back!

This is brilliant. Craig has an excellent name for this style of branding. He could be the next Sinclair!

Craig has, among a certain brilliance, the eccentricity, ego, and general indifference necessary to be a successful inventor in this modern age.

(no craig you can not have my order number)

No, no, no. This would have to be ++Pandora. I hate how it's C++, and everything++, because you're incrementing it AFTER you refer to it. The unary increment operator must be placed before the variable name so that the variable is first incremented, then used. :p

But you just did post-decrement twice with "is" and "day" :( Post-modify vs pre-modify in C-style languages was probably modeling some assembly languages, where it makes sense to have both. I guess this was easier to turn into those instructions, and on some bad compilers that may still be the case. But I think you'll find that in assembly languages like that post-modify is far more commonly used than pre-modify, although pre-adjust w/o modify is likely used most of all (where available).

Personally I never use the values of increment/decrement statements (and very rarely use the values of assignments at all) so it isn't a problem for me. But my code tends to look more verbose than a lot of code..

But I guess when it comes to naming you have a point >_>

Back