N64, Amiga & Full Speed Gba. Psp Emu Possibility??

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
is there any chance of there being a n64, amiga & gba 100% emulator for the psp? would love to play crash bandicoot & snowboard kids and of course sensible world of soccer on my psp.

Gaz.

Dear world. Please can I have the moon on a stick. Love ratx. ;)

Its certainly possible that there will be running emus of each but I doubt for eg Amiga or N64 will ever approach full speed.

I very much doubt GBA will be possible on the PSP at a playable speed either. At the moment, it just crawls along, and considering the fact that they are totally incompatible processors, there's no chance of any mmu hacks to act as speedups.

N64 *may* be possible due to the PSP's 3D accelerator, but I don't think anyone is going to spend the months of development required to get it. Most emu developers thesedays (apart from a select few) seem to just want to port port port...

Now, Amiga emulation is already up and running on the Zodiac, which is a 200Mhz device, so should run quite nicely on the PSP or the Gizmondo :)

is there any chance of there being a n64, amiga & gba 100% emulator for the psp? would love to play crash bandicoot & snowboard kids and of course sensible world of soccer on my psp.

Gaz.

If it's any joy to you Snowboard Kids is coming out on the DS, although the characters are fuly sized and just look werid.

Last edited by a moderator:
ha, I read the title wrong and though you were asking about the posibility of n64,amiga,gba,and psp emu's on the gp32 :lol:

hmm but what about a psx emu i mean one was created for the gp32!
sure it ran at like .5 frames persecond and was limited to teeny tiny stripped down early releases...........but hey with the psp there is more power to play with so who knows what will appear over the next few years

i guess the psp is doing pretty well emu wise when you consider the quality of some of the emus already i mean it took like 3 years for the gp32 emus to be really optimised and look what we ended up with-fullspeed genisis and and very good snes so i mean in time the psp's emus could really shape up

i also hope that someone starts porting engines over to the psp because i know it already has doom and quake in progress but i think it would be lovely to see scummvm on the psp especially with the analog disc!

lol

[me] rant over [/me]

Yey, if we get .5 frames/sec on the gp32, we should easily been able to manage 2 - 3 frames/sec on the PSP ;)

Yey, if we get .5 frames/sec on the gp32, we should easily been able to manage 2 - 3 frames/sec on the PSP ;)
Actually they got 2fps on GeePee32, which as you know runs at 40mhz, and with it being an emu may have been slow anways.
So I'd reckon on hardware we could have something.

Wasn't the psx emu un optimized and half done (just done to a point where it ran something)
If so the psx on psp could be a real possiblity. Plus most people said that amiga would be poor if not impossible yet today 2 versions have been released

Apeiron posted on Jul 1 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
most people said that amiga would be poor if not impossible yet today 2 versions have been released

Twinbee posted on Jul 1 2005 at 06:28 PM said:
Umm...

www.pspupdates.com

There's an Amiga emulator actually released I believe.

Do people just not bother reading half the posts anymore?

Squidge posted on Jul 1 2005 at 07:41 PM said:
Apeiron posted on Jul 1 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
most people said that amiga would be poor if not impossible yet today 2 versions have been released

Twinbee posted on Jul 1 2005 at 06:28 PM said:
Umm...

www.pspupdates.com

There's an Amiga emulator actually released I believe.

Do people just not bother reading half the posts anymore?

Yes, Sad but true.

Trooper

Back