N-gage

hendyzero2

Still Fresh
I wanted to make a poll for N-gage but didn't know how to do it.

Well i wanted to know what the people think about the N-gage.

Lol, they paid how much to get developers to make games on there system and yet there still not selling, and it looks like your talking to a hard taco ;P

Lol, they paid how much to get developers to make games on there system and yet there still not selling, and it looks like your talking to a hard taco ;P
They paid $500,000-1,000,000 per game. And they still are crap :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will stand alone and actually defend the puny thing. It's got its ups and downs, the screen is definitely smaller than it should be, but the phone itself is quite powerful. One of the nicest features is that the OS can multi-task. There are a hefty amount of other features for it and equally as many possibilities as the GP32 for example. Of course the results will not be as good as GP32s in terms of homebrew, and the first N-gage has some obvious design flaws (which can be corrected through mods soon available on my site for those remotely interested), but those that badmouth it often haven't tried it for more than 5 minutes. From the games I've tried (THPS, red faction and tomb raider), they're not all that bad. THPS and TR remain extremely faithful to the console counterparts (THPS is actually packed with a lot more features than the 64 or even PS version initially had).

The control issue is still there, but i personally prefer more buttons over less, and it only takes a couple hours to get used to the pad to avoid slipping to a wrong button.

The system has some flaws for sure, but what I respect about it is that it's not "cheap". Maybe the design was a bit rushed, but the actual fire-power of the system itself is quite impressive. Too bad the fire's slowly being put out with little support and the DS and PSP coming out relatively soon.

dude!!! you can actually play Mame on the frickin' thing, how great is that -- that makes it interesting enough for me!! Ok so it's a stripped down limited version of Mame, but any version of it that is at least playable + still fun is worth a look.

I wish we had it for GP32!! Jr Pacman, Galaga Plus, shitloads of old-ass 80s arcade games, that would rock, maybe someday!!

(i know, a couple of mame-ish projects at varying degrees of development around here but.. you know what I am saying)

i'm still baffled as to why they put the screen in portrait, did the execs and ceos sit there thinking, well i really like the ground and sky in sonic but fuck off do i wanna see whats coming up next!

i just picked up an ngage on a cheap deal with orange (£49.99) just to add to my collection.

Im more impressed than i thought I would be, for example fifa 2004 plays and looks way better than the gba version, pandemonium is very good, tiger woods is very good, tony hawk is impressive. The N-gage wasnt all that it could have been but it still has alot to offer.

if i thought it was crap, i would say so, but its way better than i thought it was going to be

malty

my friend that i know the works at eb got one sent to her.And its fine tomb raider runs nicely.But the new version the comin out looks alot better then the old. no more fustrating removing back of n-gage to put games in.Oh yea ghost recon with up to 8 players I think.Not really sure about how many players.

Snake on a normal Nokia is even better then al the N-Gage games together :p
That's bullshit.

It's okay as a cheap all in one phone. The are obviously loads of flaws with it (some mentioned above). Out of all the N-Gage games I've got (almost all of them) the only ones I frequently play are Fifa 2004, The Sims and Tony Hawks. There's plenty of apps for it if that's your thing, although most emulators I've tried on it are too slow. Basically if want a decent handheld games machine get a GP32. If you want a decent phone get a 6600 or something. If you want both combined for under £100 consider get an N-Gage.

Last edited by a moderator:
the new n-gage someting something (two random letters) looks ok. its got a bigger screen on it and dosn't look as goofy. plus the screen isn't vertical its horizontal now. srry i don't know much more about it.. i just saw a commercial on mtv for it with 2 samuri's at a laundry place

Back