N-Gage VS. GP32

blipped4

T03
Website
none
Ok now we have on the n-gage with the best quality graphics why havent we got any good games like Moto GP, Tomb Raider, Tony Hawks and all the others,Seeing as our gp32 is soooooo amazing and the specs are better than the N-Gage how come we cant make a decent game like tony hawks,Originally on ps1 which has been ported and parts taken out to make it.We cant really impress our friends with Super Mario World when they are on Tony Hawk!!!!!!

the gp32 doesn't have any 3d graphics acceleration hardware which is why you don't see any 3d games for the gp.

I see so the gp32 is alot of talk but no action?I dont know why i got it instead of the N-GAGE,oh my god no way the gp32 is better because we can play our old games!
Its the ideal solution to have both.

Dont be silly..... Super Mario World is obviously infinitely more impressive than a crappy ported Tony Hawk game. SMW is one of the best games of all time, with pure gameplay that many would argue is still to be matched.......... whereas Tony Hawk is exciting for about 10 minutes.
If all you care about is flashy graphics with modern licensed games, then maybe you should have got an N-Gage, but I'll stick with being able to play hundreds of classics for free....

hehe, as decleration said, most of the old games are better than todays ones (just look at atari's games, i mean the gfx was just lines, dots and circles, but thats what i call leet n non-overloaded)
and actually there is a way for 3d-games even without 3d-acclerator..
just c the facts, modern games fully use your 3ghz, 256mb of your gfx-card and 5gig of your hdd (i think, best example is half life 2..)
compare that to yeti3d with its hq-gfx.. (isn't that called lazy coding?)

(i'm not anonym, but too lazy to login; the_Diabologic :p )
[Edit] autologin -.- [/Edit]

I can't believe this thread was even started. First of all you have to have 3rd parties willing to develope for your system to get games like Tony Hawk and I think Nokia has a bit more pull than GamePark on that aspect. Go sell your GP32, buy an N-gage and we'll place bets on how soon it'll be before you post "OH MY GOD I SHOULDN"T HAVE SOLD MY GP32

gp32 hasn't realised its full potential, 3d-wise... but i'd bet it still kicks arse over n-gage for games...

(BTW... supermarioworld isn't best... yoshi's island is... but never are we gonna see that on GP32 playably...)

Craigix, yes the n-gage has a 3d accelerator, that's why only some games can be cracked for the other nokia phones.

I thought I saw something about it in the original tech specs or something, but I cannot find it now sorry:(

Craigix, yes the n-gage has a 3d accelerator, that's why only some games can be cracked for the other nokia phones.

I thought I saw something about it in the original tech specs or something, but I cannot find it now sorry:(
other phones that use Symbian OS

there are some partly 3d games for the GP32, as payback *if he gets publisher* can be on it, plus Yeti-3D, and then some other stuff *doom, it may not be all 3d, but it's good enough*

Last edited by a moderator:
Donkey Kong Country, Simcity, Doom, Mario, and about 1000 more games from various consoles on GP32 > piss poor ngage ports on a miniature screen

Lets see, you can have the gp32 with lots of emulaters, a nice screen, movies, free games, nice commercial games at reasonable prices, mp3s, and more or you can:
get an ngage, with a tiny screen, terrible game replacement method, awful grip and controls, ports that run at 2 fps of only 1 good game (thps, tomb raider sux), a decent mp3 player, a stupid looking phone, and for twice as much.
Hm... now let's think.

The n-gage is very similar to the GP32 hardware wise. If someone could get symbianOS running on the GP32, we could probably run n-gage games.

Yeah,seriously thread starter.... if you got the gp32 for flashy graphics then you got the wrong system. The gp32 is good is good because it is the best portable emulation system and a great video player. If all your friends think Ngage is the most impressive system overall, I feel bad for them. If your friends are making you not want your gp32 i feel bad for you. If all you care about it graphics instead of gameplay, once again....I feel bad for you.

The GP32 is like the smart kid in college, Who is very versitile and friendly and everyone likes him.

N-gage is like the dumb as dirt kid riding the short bus.

Just because I want a post in this before it is moved, I shall announce that I like Ice Cream ^.^

RoboJoe, we use that photo of a cat in the newspaper I write for every week... Weird coincidence. But not really GP32-related. Oh, we reviewed the GP32 once.

:p

Back