My Wiz Is Making Me Berserk!

Nixot

Still Fresh
Oh dear, I found this post made by myself 3 years later... oh the embarrassment...

no, I can't bear to keep this here any more... it's got to go :p

1181242060237.png

Sphinxter said:
Thank you for that refreshingly honest appraisal.

Is his stupidity refreshing too? I'm not even going to bother with him, I more wish you weren't such a GPH hating fanboy that you'd thank someone just on the basis of hating it, no matter how many stupid things he says...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's face it - the "open" handheld consoles are not for everyone. You need a degree of patience, understanding and a desire to learn.

If you just want to play 3D type games, the Wiz/GP2X is not for you.
If you don't want to tinker around and experiment, the Wiz/GP2X is not for you.
If you want perfect, fullspeed games everytime, the Wiz/GP2X is not for you.

slaanesh said:
Let's face it - the "open" handheld consoles are not for everyone. You need a degree of patience, understanding and a desire to learn.

If you just want to play 3D type games, the Wiz/GP2X is not for you.
If you don't want to tinker around and experiment, the Wiz/GP2X is not for you.
If you want perfect, fullspeed games everytime, the Wiz/GP2X is not for you.

You don't think he might be exaggerating a bit? I get that it's not for everyone, but by his review, it's not for anyone.

Chris

Exophase said:
Sphinxter said:

Is his stupidity refreshing too? I'm not even going to bother with him, I more wish you weren't such a GPH hating fanboy that you'd thank someone just on the basis of hating it, no matter how many stupid things he says...
Don't worry, no one hears us over your cheerleading.

All I gotta say is check how linux handles running executables from the console BEFORE saying it can't... if you are in the folder with the file you need a ./ infront of the file to run it...

Sphinxter said:

Cheerleading huh? Guess stupidity loves company..

Sphinxter said:
Exophase said:
Sphinxter said:

So now it is cheerleading because we don't agree with the mostly false complaints? Sorry I guess we are supposed to all agree with whatever negative comments are made even if not fact otherwise we are cheerleading.

I guess I am cheerleading too then.

As far as Exophase being a cheerleader that is irony. He knocks it more than anyone (based on facts though) and loves it so much he hasn't even bothered to unbrick it after 6 months. What a cheerleader he is :rolleyes:

Buff, you have a GP32 not a Wiz :)

I can play mode 7 games at 30-35 fps.At 830 mhz, 22khz sound and tranparencies ON.

All GBA games i have tried are fullspeed, at least in my Wiz :)

Only 4 months since Wiz launch day, we have to be patient.

Sorry for my bad english.

DaveC said:
He knocks it more than anyone (based on facts though) and loves it so much he hasn't even bothered to unbrick it after 6 months. What a cheerleader he is :rolleyes:

Sorry, I haven't found the unbrick button yet, but once I do I'll be sure to press it :B

Exophase said:
DaveC said:
He knocks it more than anyone (based on facts though) and loves it so much he hasn't even bothered to unbrick it after 6 months. What a cheerleader he is :rolleyes:

Sorry, I haven't found the unbrick button yet, but once I do I'll be sure to press it :B

That was just an extreme example to prove that that guy was ridiculous calling you a cheerleader. Wasn't meant as a shot.

Since there is no unbrick button, I guess it is a permanent paperweight. Maybe it will become some kind of collectors item someday or something.

Exophase said:
DaveC said:

Why don't you try to unbrick it, or send it to someone who can? What is the point of having a bricked Wiz? If nothing else, you could use it as an mp3 player or media player. If all else fails, you can send it to me!

Sphinxter said:

Why are you so overly critical of the Wiz? At worst, as an upgrade to the gp2x it's lacking. But, if you don't have a gp2x it's a pretty good machine. Look at all it can do! If I didn't already have a gp32 and a gp2x, I would certainly buy a wiz (I might anyway). It plays mp3 and most of the other sound formats, it can play a pretty wide variety of media files. There are some pretty good emulators for it and some good homebrewn games as well. Add in a few ports like quake and I think you have a good hand-held game system/media player.

Chris

Sphinxter said:
C'mon, the guy was obviously being hysterical, how could I not be sarcastic.

I dunno, with a high percentage of your posts being anti-Wiz/anti-GPH it's a little hard to tell? That and praising his honesty doesn't exactly sound sarcastic..

Back