My Wiz Died

cybergenesis

Still Fresh
Well it took me about 3 months to save up for it (because I am broke and on a low income), but when I eventually got my wiz it only lasted about 10 days. I took very good care of it, and indeed used it constantly during its short life, but after 10 days it wouldn't power on without a severely garbled screen which is totally unresponsive.

Took me about 6 weeks before i could afford to mail it back overseas, now I have heard no word from play asia (where I ordered it), but it should have arrived a week ago...

Who knows how many months it might be before I get it back (if ever)...

I'd order a new one if I had to (at some point in the future when I can afford it), but having my first one only last 10 days, I can't say I have confidence in the reliability and durability of these devices... I can't afford to waste money to get something that has a high probability of breaking within a few months of heavy usage.

Well maybe it will come back and maybe I will be wrong...

I just want to know.. how many other people have had problems with their Wiz's packing up in one way or another? how many people have had a wiz for at least several months and have subjected it to heavy usage and it has not broken?

I was going to buy a new computer with the money I used for the wiz (a cheap second hand one), seems now like that would have been the smarter choice.

Don't get me wrong I really love the idea of the Wiz... But I only had it for 10 days... For 10 days it was great, but even if I do get another one, I will always be constantly worried the thing is going to pack up on me... Well it would take many months for my confidence to increase, wouldn't be happy until I got at least a year of heavy usage out of the thing.

I guess the Wiz is great if you have loads of $$ and have laptop computers, iphones, and endless electrical devices everywhere, and you can just fiddle with the wiz from time to time when you want, and wouldn't care if it broke anyway you'd just buy another one- or several.. But I'm not sure the Wiz is a sensible buy for someone as a PRIMARY entertainment device, especially someone on a lower income for whom the Wiz is a big buy.. I was using it as my primary source of entertainment, going back playing all my old games and new ones, I was playing it all the time... And now that its gone I am stuck on this crap pc with a slower CPU than my Wiz had.

When it packed up I had been so engrossed blissfully in Wiz land for several days that it was like going into culture shock, I actually felt quite disappointed and unhappy for several days, as though the world was somehow incomplete without my wiz.

I guess this post is like a final part of the mourning process and part of my recovery from the loss of my Wiz... So I will say a final "Goodbye Wiz"

Goodbye...

Sorry man , I hope you will get your new WIZ on warranty , or save that amount of money as soon as possible!

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you get a replacement soon. I understand where you are coming from. My touch-screen broke. Although i got it replaced by warranty right away, i am always nervous to press to hard on it in case it will break again.

I guess it takes a while to get your confidence back.

Is very odd and infrequent what happened to your console. You don't say many details about the fail. Do you try to upgrade the firmware? I have a Wiz from the first released batch, and some friends have prototypes since 2008 and works ok. I think is a software error or a screen fail.

There is GPH After Sales center in Germany, I recommend you write an email to they asking for repair (email: as-europe@gp2x.com). May be they replace your console or fix for not much money. The Wiz has a year of warranty from GPH. If you buy the Wiz in Europe the warranty is 2 years from the shop.

http://www.globalgph...d=notice2&no=13

Back