Screen Glitch Perhaps

MoRoS

Still Fresh
I have had my Wiz for a couple of months now and when i first got it, it had some kind of strange bright orange light populating several of the pixels, a few turns on later i think i did something and it dissapeared :huh: and so i continued to play my Wiz with now problems, and now i turn it on 2 days ago and hello there, the strange orange light is back :angry: and this time i cannot get rid of it :( Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

P.S Here are some of the images of the 'Alien' Pixel xD

Sorry about the size and quality of the pictures :(

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

Looks like a stuck or lazy pixel.

I think there are a couple of utilities floating around to help fix issues like that.
They basically cycle the screen through all it's colors repeatedly and you leave it running like that for a while.

I'm sorry I don't know the names of these utils but they should pop up in a search.

Thanks for the Reply :) I have searched the net and I can not find this programme for use on the Wiz :( Anybody know where I can find this programme? May just be sending the wiz back as there are a few dead pixels surrounding this overactive pixel xD

Thanks

Matt

You can try one of two things:
1. Finding a VIDEO (not an app) that does what MoRoS said and play it for few hours on the WIZ
2. Try massaging (yes, massaging) that pixel, I did that once to a stuck LCD and it worked like charm. Don't over do it or you will break your screen.

Disclaimer: am not responsible if you break anything (wiz screen, your finger, etc....)

Guys, come on, it's an OLED screen not an LCD screen.. Massaging won't do jack. Cycling colors probably won't either (since an OLED is a true solid state device).

Senor Quack said:
Guys, come on, it's an OLED screen not an LCD screen.. Massaging won't do jack. Cycling colors probably won't either (since an OLED is a true solid state device).

FACEPALM

Of course!
I'm sorry, but the Wiz is my first OLED device and as you say, some stuff doesn't hold true for 'em like with LCDs.
I apologize for the misunderstanding.

That being the case I have no idea whatsoever of what, if anything, will resolve that issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replys guys, sending the Wiz back now to get it looked at.

Peace out :D

Major fail, the place I bought my Wiz from have told me that this problem is not covered under warranty....
Therefore I am left with A Wiz that is unplayable :(
Anybody have A clue if this can be fixed?

Thanks

Matt

Back