My Sd Card Died.

Shikaku

ROFL THE WORD PENIS IS HILARIOUS!
USA... I feel lonely, not that many people from US
Website
Visit site
Yep. My 1 GB Kingston SD card just died and stop working completely: I was dumping a gfx for Gngeo2x, and then it stops short and crashes. I exit the selector, and everything is really slow when browsing the SD card. So I do a on/off cycle and nothing shows up on the SD card. Ditto with computer, except it can't even detect an SD card (please insert disk). My other 2 GB card works with reader/GP2X... so I can say it's dead.

RIP: 1/26/06-11/9/06.

Also I didn't lost too much because I regularly backup everything =p

Sell it on Ebay!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you're the bastard selling those cards! I need to learn my lesson and stop buying from you!

@Shikaku
Very few things in life are worth the hassle of getting a replacement under warranty. That is, unless you bought from newegg. They're the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
two of my sd cards died. my crappy laptop card reader chewed them up.

The card read is harsh on my sd cards, it rips the plastic to shreads. One time I shook my laptop upside down and some plastic fell out. I used superglue to glue the plastic back onto the sd card and now my card works again.

I used sticky tape on another card to hold it together, works like a charm.

PS. I'm never using the inbuilt card reader again.

The card read is harsh on my sd cards, it rips the plastic to shreads. One time I shook my laptop upside down and some plastic fell out. I used superglue to glue the plastic back onto the sd card and now my card works again.

I used sticky tape on another card to hold it together, works like a charm.

PS. I'm never using the inbuilt card reader again.

You'll find that besides the usual wear and tear my SD card is in good condition... And it suddenly decided to die midway of writing a lot with fully charged batteries (I had enough charge to redo the dump!).

Eh...

the write protect tab had fallen out of my 4gb card and the plastic holding it in has snapped.

noooo.

anyone know how to fix? any close up photos of what i need to do or anything?

hi, my card died last night, xp says cannot be formatted etc but i found this program which fixed it -

i used the low level format, then stuck it in xp and it formatted back to FAT32 and is back to working fine, maybe you could try this??

http://www.download.com/FlashMemoryMagic/3...tml?tag=lst-0-4

Flash Memory Magic - go to tools and LL format, no need to buy :)

dmoo

the write protect tab had fallen out of my 4gb card and the plastic holding it in has snapped.

noooo.

anyone know how to fix? any close up photos of what i need to do or anything?

Use superglue or similar and make a bump where the button would have been in the write-enabled spot. The switch isn't connected to electronics - it just trips a switch inside the reader. Try not to make it stick out more than the tab would have otherwise, or it might get broken off.

that sucks, i hope it isnt the brand cause i just ordered a new kingston card (also from new egg) but still that suck, i say just return it (hey free sd card) imo it beats buying a new one

Same thing happened to me but I'm not too sure if it was the fault of the PCMCIA card reader that I got for my laptop, the card slot in my GP2X or just the fact that it was a faulty card?
I tonned myself when I tried to put another card into the 2X though & it wouldn't even recognise it. Luckily it was just a piece of plastic in the 2X that was stopping the card from making the full contact & it worked again with a quick shake.

The person that I bought it off on ebay was cool enough though & one email was all that I needed for info on howto send the card back for a replacement.
Saying that... I only sent it off 2 days ago so I guess time will tell if they follow through or not.
(Yes I did send it recorded delivery ;))

Back