My New Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted User posted on Apr 24 2005 at 11:05 AM said:
FFS. It is not a template. i hand coded that MYSELF and did the graphics MYSELF on photoshop.

EDIT: and whats so shitty about MY design?

EDIT2: Nice yaustar, i like the navigation system
Okay okay, you made it. It's still shitty.

EDIT: Actual reasons:
  • it's fixed width
  • needlessly graphics heavy
  • white text on light blue doesn't work
  • it just looks tacky (with those rounded gradient bevels...)
  • while most of the widgets on the page are rounded the actual page is rectangular - dark blue on black, which looks odd
  • it uses a centred iframe for no good reason other than to lock out non-frame-supporting browsers and make navigation more terrible
  • it was made with FrontPage
  • it uses big images with imagemaps instead of smaller images with anchor links so it's hard to add new links to the top bar
  • it uses ANOTHER iframe needlessly within the first one
  • it's not valid HTML 4 (so why even bother using CDATA?)
  • it uses CSS for a couple of things but FONT tags for the others
  • and it has this bogus 'link-decoration="NONE"' attribute that doesn't know what the fuck.
Other than that it's pretty functional and looks pretty. Just reconsider the text colour. Although I'd prefer it if it didn't have iframes and was scalable to any width, I'm guessing freewebs is to blame.

EDIT2: yaustar your site is nice although I'm getting bulletholes in the centre of all links in newsposts. Maybe this is intentional, if not just letting you know.

EDIT3: klown your blog is having some problems right now

Last edited by a moderator:
kknd_cf posted on Apr 24 2005 at 12:09 PM said:
FFS. It is not a template. i hand coded that MYSELF and did the graphics MYSELF on photoshop.

Well now that that's clear hopefully some positive comments can emerge instead of people just jumping to conclusions.
lol tom at what rico posted!

Rico posted on Apr 24 2005 at 12:33 PM said:

EDIT2: Nice yaustar, i like the navigation system
Okay okay, you made it. It's still shitty.

EDIT: Actual reasons:
  • it's fixed width
  • needlessly graphics heavy
  • white text on light blue doesn't work
  • it just looks tacky (with those rounded gradient bevels...)
  • while most of the widgets on the page are rounded the actual page is rectangular - dark blue on black, which looks odd
  • it uses a centred iframe for no good reason other than to lock out non-frame-supporting browsers and make navigation more terrible
  • it was made with FrontPage
  • it uses big images with imagemaps instead of smaller images with anchor links so it's hard to add new links to the top bar
  • it uses ANOTHER iframe needlessly within the first one
  • it's not valid HTML 4 (so why even bother using CDATA?)
  • it uses CSS for a couple of things but FONT tags for the others
  • and it has this bogus 'link-decoration="NONE"' attribute that doesn't know what the fuck.
Other than that it's pretty functional and looks pretty. Just reconsider the text colour. Although I'd prefer it if it didn't have iframes and was scalable to any width, I'm guessing freewebs is to blame.

EDIT2: yaustar your site is nice although I'm getting bulletholes in the centre of all links in newsposts. Maybe this is intentional, if not just letting you know.

EDIT3: klown your blog is having some problems right now

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back