My New Fenix Rpg

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
A long way to go yet but here are a couple of pics of my up and coming RPG coded in Fenix. GP32 version first as I only have a GP32 :)

sperisl34ly.jpg

sperisl45il.jpg

That looks... fantastic. If you manage to follow through with it, this will be most impressive.

And of course, it'll work with the 2x with about 2 minutes tweaking as well, so don't worry about coding for the GP32; fenix crosses both of them perfectly. Or at least, it did with the Minigame project after a bit of fiddling.

If you've got everything set up in an engine type style, it might also be worth releasing that separately... A Fenix RPG framework would be very useful, I suspect, for many budding fenix fiddlers :).

Indeed that looks great. Especially great if you ahve got the engine complete. Then we have sort of got a replacement for the half finished gigas engine. Not just that. A cross platform one! also all you will need to do is tweak the controls. Doesnt take long.

Edit: It just occured to me that today is april fools day...

Yod4z posted on Apr 1 2006 at 11:19 AM said:
it look like Speris legacy on Amiga :D

Damn caught out. :D

Yes it was an April Fool.

The screenies are indeed from the obscure Amiga RPG Speris Legacy. The good news is the game was released and should play fine on PC UAE. Not as good as Zelda or Chrono trigger mind you. Not sure if it will play on GP2X Amiga emulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked it out without knowing about that amiga game :unsure:

I knew you could not get a fenix rpg out on april 1st lol. I made a game called the sam games ages ago and that rpg was half finished in gigas engine :p

it does'nt work in Uae4all because it use AGA chipset that is not supported in ;)

I have still got the basic graphics from the Catacoombs game I designed a year or two ago but I couldn't find a coder after the first one dropped out through no fault of his own.

If it ever got as far as beta I was going to design the animation for all the characters and monsters I created. Plus create more/better floortiles etc.

catacomb2504045xq.gif

Now they just sit on my Miggy hard drive awaiting a miracle. Much like the moon cresta graphics in my profile pic. :(

Tobriand posted on Apr 1 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
...Or at least, it did with the Minigame project after a bit of fiddling.

Wha... when the hell did that happen? :D

It`s sometimes not as easy as to just copy over the needed files, cause the 2X version still has a few bugs (music not really working, strings in arrays crash it, ...). That is why there is still no Minigame Project.

looks very good... hmm a tile rpg engine opensource for fenix would be very cool too

BaDToaD posted on Apr 1 2006 at 10:35 AM said:
A long way to go yet but here are a couple of pics of my up and coming RPG coded in Fenix. GP32 version first as I only have a GP32 :)

sperisl34ly.jpg

sperisl45il.jpg

HEY! I KNOW THIS TILESET!! I know IT BY HEART!! It is from that ONLY true RPG GAME FOR the Amiga!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I shant forget that tileset very soon!

Alex. posted on Oct 13 2006 at 11:37 AM said:
<3 gravedigging

- Alex
You could have just let this topic die again...uh oh I just revived it, this is my last post on this topic, goodbye! :D

Back