Fenix Question + 3d Engine

christo930

First, I wanted to ask if Fenix is any good? I see a lot of stuff coming out in Fenix and most of it isn't very good. Does fenix lower the entry point so lesser skilled programers can put out stuff or is it just not very good?
Second, there was a really good 3d engine developed a while back, but the programmers wanted to license it out. Since there just isn't a possibility that there going to make money off it, does anyone think they will ever release it to the public? Has anyone asked them about low cost or no cost licensing for non profit projects?

Chris

First, I wanted to ask if Fenix is any good? I see a lot of stuff coming out in Fenix and most of it isn't very good. Does fenix lower the entry point so lesser skilled programers can put out stuff or is it just not very good?
Second, there was a really good 3d engine developed a while back, but the programmers wanted to license it out. Since there just isn't a possibility that there going to make money off it, does anyone think they will ever release it to the public? Has anyone asked them about low cost or no cost licensing for non profit projects?

Chris

Well, you CAN create very good games with Fenix (e.g. Nazca Dreams).
The reasons there comes out a lot of stuff which isn't too good is because most just started learning to code in Fenix... stuff will get better, believe me :)

Last edited:
Back