My Gp32's Died! Crash/register Dump At Switch-on

ninesixty

Still Fresh
I turned my GP32 on just now and this happened (immediately):

iqhriv.jpg

So I tried with the SMC card removed, the same happened. Tried with various buttons held down, the same happened.

:(

Does anyone know what's wrong? And how to fix it?

If it helps, my GP32 is an FLU variant, and was supplied flashed with PacROM by Craig at GBAX.

Vimacs posted on Dec 18 2005 at 07:52 PM said:
batetries?
Nope. Though switching from the batteries to the power supply does change the error from "Undefined Instruction" to "Prefetch Abort".

Last edited by a moderator:
ninesixty posted on Dec 18 2005 at 09:12 PM said:
batetries?
Though switching from the batteries to the power supply does change the error from "Undefined Instruction" to "Prefetch Abort".
lol, thats weird...
have you changed something lately (another firmware or something)?

aapje89 posted on Dec 18 2005 at 08:29 PM said:
have you changed something lately (another firmware or something)?
Nope, haven't changed the firmware ever since I got the GP32.

This randomly happened to my GP32 ages ago.

I had to send it away to be reflashed in the end. Looks like reflashing is your only bet, but I don't know of anyone who offers that service.

it used to show me that screen all of the time when I ran certain programs :unsure: I asked on here and it sounded like it was because the programs were faulty or something....

ninesixty posted on Dec 18 2005 at 03:12 PM said:
batetries?
Nope. Though switching from the batteries to the power supply does change the error from "Undefined Instruction" to "Prefetch Abort".

Just to be on the safe side, I would recharge your batteries and try that. Your ac adapter may not be putting out enough power to run it right, although I do assume it worked fine in the past. Also, is it hot? Try giving it an hour to cool off.

mrchris posted on Dec 18 2005 at 11:20 PM said:
ninesixty posted on Dec 18 2005 at 03:12 PM said:
batetries?

Just to be on the safe side, I would recharge your batteries and try that. Your ac adapter may not be putting out enough power to run it right, although I do assume it worked fine in the past. Also, is it hot? Try giving it an hour to cool off.
The batteries aren't rechargeable, they are brand new Duracells.

The PSU is rated at 500mA, the GP32 is only rated to draw 300mA, so this shouldn't be a problem.

It's had a couple of months to cool off - it's not doing this because of overheating. The first time it did it was months ago - I put it away because I didn't have any time to look into the problem. I've brought it out now, switched it on and it does it immediately.

:(

ninesixty posted on Dec 20 2005 at 12:23 AM said:
Now the exception message has changed to "Alignment".

What's going on? :(
declaration said:
This randomly happened to my GP32 ages ago.

I had to send it away to be reflashed in the end. Looks like reflashing is your only bet, but I don't know of anyone who offers that service.

Back