Music Wanted

Dzz

stmia r0!, {r2-r9}
Website
Visit site
Hi everybody!

With the gp2x demo competition nearing completion, I'm thinking I'd like to make a demo myself just for fun. I thought that rather than making my own music for it that I'd see if there is a gp2xer with musical talent who would consider contributing a tune for the demo.

Here's what I want: roughly two minutes long (exact length not critical), high quality mp3 or ogg. Ideal would be demostyle but any sort of electronica could probably work. Should have some mood or tempo changes in it to provide some variation. A catchy hook is nice but not required. I'd like to avoid all use of voice, weird chord changes or too much dissonance. Overpowering drums also probably best avoided as are too much weird electronic squawks.

I'd code the demo around the music. An already existing piece of music is ok or a new piece would be better but I'd feel bad if somebody made one just for me then I didn't use it, so maybe if you have some samples that would help make sure that didn't happen. Not all projects get completed, so I'd say give me two months to show you that I'm making progress and if not then take your song back and do something else with it.

Here's the thing... I'm not really a collaborator usually and I have to reserve the right to politely decline a particular artist or piece of music if it doesn't strike my fancy. Different people like different things, no harm done.

I could do it myself and I do enjoy that but I thought it might be fun to use another gp2x scene member's tune as a starting point for the demo.

Thanks!

Sorry, can't find my soundpool cd's, and I don't have the right soundcard to plug-in my Roland. :(

Maybe you can rip some tunes of music made by Fischerspooner. Can be a little bit hard to find if you don't know how to use torrents. But you'll probably know :)

I wouldn't mind having a go at this. I've had a tune in my head for a few months now that I'm unable to do anything with vocally but it would probably suit a bit of minimalist electronica. Its unrecorded but I'm sure I could knock something up in the next few days as I'm lucky enough to have a room as a dedicated studio.

NoidZ posted on Aug 1 2006 at 12:47 PM said:
Sorry, can't find my soundpool cd's, and I don't have the right soundcard to plug-in my Roland. :(

Maybe you can rip some tunes of music made by Fischerspooner. Can be a little bit hard to find if you don't know how to use torrents. But you'll probably know :)
I'm not going to steal somebody's music. Actually I've never used a torrent, but it isn't relevant to this project anyway.

theeAdversary posted on Aug 1 2006 at 12:48 PM said:
I wouldn't mind having a go at this. I've had a tune in my head for a few months now that I'm unable to do anything with vocally but it would probably suit a bit of minimalist electronica. Its unrecorded but I'm sure I could knock something up in the next few days as I'm lucky enough to have a room as a dedicated studio.
Nice! If you don't mind making something on speculation that I'll like it, that would be great. I'd suggest not finishing the "production" details at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
theeAdversary posted on Aug 1 2006 at 01:00 PM said:
Yep, I can mail you a link to a demo of the idea of the track later tonight if I get time. We can then go from there, or not, either way I'm happy enough. :)
Excellent, thanks! Just PM it to me on this forum when you're ready.

Dzz posted on Aug 1 2006 at 08:55 PM said:
I'm not going to steal somebody's music. Actually I've never used a torrent, but it isn't relevant to this project anyway.

I did not mean steal the music, but use the tunes (by performing them yourselves) and change some stuff, speed it up etc. etc.
I don't like to rip either, but if you don't have a keyboard you can't do much else

I use modplug tracker plus some sound creation software myself... I made a couple of songs and learned everything there is about it, but then I found I can't make music =/

This was like 4 years ago mind you, I still have this knowledge... but don't rely on me to make something.

Back