Release Mumble client

"arecord -f cd -D hw:0,1 | aplay" records the input and plays it at the same time.

The recording command "arecord -f cd -D hw:0,1" is piped with "|" into the player "aplay".
So I should hear myself over the speakers? Well, I don't hear anything, and this scares me now. Is there a status message where I can see if the Mic really is ON, activated or not available?

You should... if recording works with 3.2.14.

Try this command and go in alsamixer or Xfce sound panel, moving things.

You should... if recording works with 3.2.14.

Try this command and go in alsamixer or Xfce sound panel, moving things.

Do not use or speak about Kerne 3.2.x for testing at the moment. Everyone who has problems should use old 2.6.x first.

Btw posted xfce4-mixer pictures will be different between 2.6x and 3.2.x

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok sry.

In alsamixer, you have to:

-boost input to 2/3

-set left input to Main mic

-remove headphones if plugged

-turn on the volume wheel

Then launch the big command to test. If a larsen occurs, you can lower the mic boost, or the volume wheel.

Oh, forgot short Info, I still use the old Kenel and the Hotfix 6, so no experimental OS stuff is on my Pandora. :) I will test everything again, I hope the mic was carefully soldered and tested during assembling the Pandora, because now I REALLY could need it. ^^"

Should work.

If you plan to use a headset, a nokia compatible is required (and the settings are different).

I have a normal PC headset with separate 3.5mm plug for mic but this doesn't seem to work with the Pandora headphone jack, sadly.

here my current terminal output results for testing the internal Pandora microphone:

Code:
fusion-pandora:~$ arecord -f cd -D hw:0,1 | aplay

Recording WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

Playing WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

underrun!!! (at least 0.061 ms long)

underrun!!! (at least 0.030 ms long)

underrun!!! (at least 0.000 ms long)

underrun!!! (at least 0.031 ms long)

no clue what it means, the underrun message seems to be new I guess.

It's a 4 pins connector inside.

I don't remember if i ever see this message. Can't tell.

I'm not sure if it's a real problem here.

Is your OP overclocked or underclocked ?

Try with the earphone plugged in the OP and your ears and check a mp3 or whatever to ensure audio play is ok.

Launch the looped sound command, and play with alsamixer.

You can access to the full setting with F4 or F5.

I have a normal PC headset with separate 3.5mm plug for mic but this doesn't seem to work with the Pandora headphone jack, sadly.

here my current terminal output results for testing the internal Pandora microphone:

Code:
fusion-pandora:~$ arecord -f cd -D hw:0,1 | aplay

Recording WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

Playing WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

underrun!!! (at least 0.061 ms long)

underrun!!! (at least 0.030 ms long)

no clue what it means, the underrun message seems to be new I guess.
I get those same underrun errors they don't seem to do anything and I hear my self fine.

I've noticed a bug when setting voice activation in the mumble settings.. I got it turned on once correctly and worked well when I got it enabled, but it seems to default back to push to talk after leaving the settings.. It seems to work fine when your in the settings window, close it and it switches back to push to talk..Go back to the setting it claims to be set to voice activated... so not sure what's going on.

I prefer push to talk myself.. so it's not an issue for me really.

Whenever I connect to a busy server mumble crashes after a few minutes (classic pandora)

Back