multi-language

JyCet

Website
Visit site
First post here and first request :)

Could you add a little section for multi language and general talking ?
(french,dutch,spanish,german,italian ....)
I really interested by a french part because there's nothing today which really support Pando in french.

PS: pour les français qui me lisent s'il vous plaît ne me dites pas yaronet .... merci. :wink:

well german, dutch, spanish would be kind of redundant

but for those languages who do not have their own forums - it's a good idea

we'd need mods speaking that language, though

JyCet said:
How many mods do you need for one language ?
Depends on how many users/posts you expect and how much time the moderators have to actually do the moderating. I should think maybe two or three would be plenty to start with.

SteveM said:
JyCet said:
How many mods do you need for one language ?
Depends on how many users/posts you expect and how much time the moderators have to actually do the moderating. I should think maybe two or three would be plenty to start with.
two or three? For a little international section?

If there's much interest from users speaking that language, they have/will get their own forum, otherwise it should just be a couple of threads, so one should be more than enough

Kyosys said:

If there's much interest from users speaking that language, they have/will get their own forum, otherwise it should just be a couple of threads, so one should be more than enough
If one is more than enough, then zero would supposedly be adequate? ;-) It's good to have at least two so that one can cover for the other if they're for any reason unable to moderate for any significant period of time.

SteveM said:
Kyosys said:

If one is more than enough, then zero would supposedly be adequate? ;-) It's good to have at least two so that one can cover for the other if they're for any reason unable to moderate for any significant period of time.
We're not talking about all the forums here, we're talking about a tiny section of posts in a certain language. One should be enough. If that one moderator ends up not being able to do the job for a while, we'll just pick a replacement

But then again, talking about this now is pointless anyway. We will just have to make the section, and then see what happens

I can read Spanish well, with the help of google translator I could be an effective moderator. German a little, not so much though...

I speak german, but there is a nice german board already.

I guess we could try to moderate with google, we'd have to rely on reports, though

No, Google Translator-dependent moderators are a bad idea. To establish a solid group of moderators, I think those people should at the very least be able to write in the language. :D

javaJake said:
No, Google Translator-dependent moderators are a bad idea. To establish a solid group of moderators, I think those people should at the very least be able to write in the language. :D
get back on topic young man

PoisonedV said:
javaJake said:
I believe I was on topic, since I was discussing multi-language boards and what's involved in creating one.

javaJake said:
PoisonedV said:
javaJake said:
I believe I was on topic, since I was discussing multi-language boards and what's involved in creating one.

Mods shouldn't be put in a defensive position by asshole members, not being confident in your decisions allows him a lot of extra room.

I can read English, French and Spanish and write French, a little bit less English and even less spanish if it help ;)

This is your first post here. Surely, we won't just hire strangers

first post here but not on GP32x and gp32spain or french yaronet forum or on the gp2x wiki

Fair enough. Still, after all those days, you now have 3 posts here. I'd say you would have to be a little more active on this very forum to become a mod here.

But Seeing as how this forum is slowly getting less and less active, it probably won't happen anyway.

I can confirm you that yod4z contribute a lot in french gp2x part.
His is very serious and follow all news. He has contributed to test all my gp2x programm and gave me idea/bug/suggession

The pb is not find the most active people on this very new forum to promote him mod of a new language general section ... the pb is find some serious guy ! And he is serious.

This forum is not very used by poeple. The link on openpandora page to the forum redirect to the gp32x forum then i don't see too mutch people finding this forum ^^

The only information present on this board are the opensource SGX driver from maciek_urbanski but he would move to there own forum

Back