Little Bug In Fgb

QuasaR

Website
www.echtzeitroolen.de
Hi there!
Just found a little, annoying bug in rlyeh latest fGB-release: When you play a game and enter the File options menu, choosing to load a file instead to save it and then continue to play, the emulator will start at the "choosen" load-position.
E.g.: You have SuperMario Level 1-1 completed and saved it to slot 0. Then play through 1-2 and wanna save it. Then, accidently, you'll move instead to the save-line to the load-line and switched to slot 0. "Oops, wrong!" you think, seeing that pretty little preview in the lower right corner. Then you'll choose "no" on the load-line and goes one step lower to the save options and save to slot 1. But when you'll load now slot 1 you're not at level 1-2 but at level 1-1 (the one you've saved to slot0).

Hope, my bad english could explain, what I'm trying to say... And some three little features, which I'm still waiting for:

- saving my options (e.g. fullscreen, gamma-correction, sound-settings...)
- maybe the fileselector can jumb each time you'll start fGB to the latest used rom?
- the little hand (very nice design, btw...) in the menus should be moving on when I held a direction-key (I always have to "click" my way to the video menu instead of holding the cursor down...)

I hope this doesn't sounds too harsh, I L O V E this emu, it's so fast and still so stylish (especially the menus... Can't wait to see the language-version!)

I`m really looking forward to that feature, too!
It is really annoying to switch to fullscreen and grey palette (on normal gb games) everytime you start up the emu.

Other than that, this emulator is wonderful! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:

I`m really looking forward to that feature, too!
It is really annoying to switch to fullscreen and grey palette (on normal gb games) everytime you start up the emu.

Other than that, this emulator is wonderful! :wub:
well, for gbax 2005 rlyeh sent in a F-day preview, with one of the 4 emus in it being GBC, have a look, maybe the bug has been fixed, and maybe the improvements have been made :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, of course we refer to the gbax version. And I hace no account for rlyehs forum, thats why I posted it here.

Back