Mp3 Players

Bramrash

Yo, Mofos. I'm kinda looking for an mp3 player, preferably 20gb, however i am a student with negative amounts of money in the bank, so it's gonna have to be cheap.

I've been doing some research and the best one i've found so far seems to be the iriver H10. This One

If anyone can direct me to a page of reviews of lots of 20gb players, or even provide their own views, i would be very thankful.

Also, the player doesn't have to be brand new, but if it is second hand i would like to be in safe knowledge that the battery isn't dead.

Cheers, Mr. Bram

Get a Sony Walkman NW-A3000.It's what I have and I love it. It's 20 gig. Sony claims 35 hours playback, and I'm here to back them up on that claim, also a cool feature is that you can charge it up for 3 minutes and get about 3 hours from the thing, which is great if you are going on a trip and forgot to charge it the night before. The artist link feature is genius, and walkman has gapless playback, which is ideal if you listen to club songs and such. Added to the fact that it is simply beautiful and when turned off it looks like a shiny pebble, I highly reccommend it.

I can second the Creative option... I have the 5GB micro (old model that has since been replaced by an 8GB), and I love the interface, it works perfectly with Linux, etc. I don't know if they have any good-looking 20GB models, but I would figure it's worth a look...

I have a Zen USB 2.0 and was looking to get the Cowen/iAudio X5L if my Zen ever dies... but after using one, I was really disappointed with the sound quality...
I've heard Zen's have one of the best quality outputs, but I honestly have only ever used a few other players so can't comment much on that.

Random but to the point

Get a Sapphire Ivory, it's only got 512MB space and has no fm tuner, but it is small has freaking amazing sound quality! :)

Here you go. It's rechargeable through usb, yay!

Cheers for the replies guys. Forgot to mention that im not interested in video or pictures or stuff like that.

Anyway, although im getting a bit ahead of myself at the minute (in mega debt and trying to scrounge some money together for next year at uni) i've checked out the mentioned mp3 players anyway. I thought the sony seemed pretty good, but it's had some bad reviews regarding the build quality and software, so im not too sure.

I'd already been investigating the creative zen series, and i really like the zen touch version however it doesn't seem to be widely available, and there are some going on ebay for as much as i could get a new iriver, including postage and stuff. :blink:

Ah well, thanks for the help anyway guys, but i think im gonna wait a few weeks and have another look when i actually have some money to splash around.

Cheers, Mr. Bram

I still use my Sony HD3 even after a year of being on the road. Its built solidly, and does exactly what it says on the tin. The only gripe is software, but if you're like me and hate using music db's like itunes / sonic stage, then for transferring music it works fine.

Azure posted on Aug 2 2006 at 01:28 AM said:
RIO KARMA AMIRITE :D

You are right, but try getting a brand new one for a decent price nowadays...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova posted on Aug 1 2006 at 06:24 PM said:
Azure posted on Aug 2 2006 at 01:28 AM said:
RIO KARMA AMIRITE :D

You are right, but try getting a brand new one for a decent price nowadays...
Well, the OP said that it doesn't have to be brand new, so it shouldn't be an issue. Check out eBay.

Olympus mrobe m100 (5gb) m500i (20).

the 5gb is awsome its all touch screen and black and red and really sleek looking. ive had muggers looking at it on the bus thinking "ooooooooooooooooooh" :D

www.mrobe.org

clarky2o2o posted on Aug 2 2006 at 04:22 PM said:
Olympus mrobe m100 (5gb) m500i (20).

the 5gb is awsome its all touch screen and black and red and really sleek looking. ive had muggers looking at it on the bus thinking "ooooooooooooooooooh" :D

www.mrobe.org
It can also run abitrary C programs! Win. But the X5L is still more winningly.

I have a Minidisc player. They're a pain in the you-know-what to get songs onto, but I love the fact that I can get 40 hours of playback on a single AA alkaline battery.

jmetal88 posted on Aug 2 2006 at 05:16 PM said:
I have a Minidisc player. They're a pain in the you-know-what to get songs onto, but I love the fact that I can get 40 hours of playback on a single AA alkaline battery.
I can get 50 hours of playback on a single AA battery from my iAudio G3, and it has a nice display, line-in, radio, up to 2gb of space, and starts at just $99 msrp :p

But he wants 20gb or more, I believe.

iignotus posted on Aug 2 2006 at 06:45 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Aug 2 2006 at 05:16 PM said:
I can get 50 hours of playback on a single AA battery from my iAudio G3, and it has a nice display, line-in, radio, up to 2gb of space, and starts at just $99 msrp :p

But he wants 20gb or more, I believe.

Another thing I like about Minidisc players is that the media is not only removable, but very, very cheap. A 5-pack of Minidiscs costs $10, and each disc can hold up to 5 hours of music. That's more than enough space for me, considering all of the music I transfer over has been legally purchased on physical media.

Back