Christmas Present (mp3 Player)

unlucky

Chop sticks Chop sticks Chops sticks
Website
Visit site
Ok i'm thinking of getting a hard disk based mp3 player for christmas i'd really like alot of function out of it with atleast some style especially having last nights simpsons episode for free periods at school (sixthform). Basically i've come down 2 this lot and was wondering what people think i should get.

Archos gmini 400 review
ok so this is the first thing i thought about getting i like the idea of storing divx's at 640x480 at 25fps which is pretty much the uk standard or 640 x 400 at 30fps. being able 2 plug it into a tv is awesome as i could use the pvr abilities of my pc 2 record stuff + then play it on the tv upstairs as opposed 2 the one down here which i dont favour. Its battery life on the latest firmware is now 11 hours...
ok so divx, mp3 playback with very advanced playlist management, 20gb hard drive, 11 hours for music , 5 hours for video, Same size as an ipod nearly the same weight and a nice colour screen. And not too much more than the ipod at £235.

Ok my other choice is an ipod i'm sure everyone here knows everything about it

The next one i wuold have to wait a while for (till around january) and its the m:robe mr-100
mr-100
Anyway i really like the look of this thing bearing in mind its the same size as an ipod mini.
So erm which do people think is the best i constantly keep darting between the mr-100 and the archos gmini 400 they are real opposites i mean the gmini is pretty ugly but not ugly like the xs200 (20gb player smaller than an ipod mini) but functional as anything with built in compact flash and tv output. And on the other hand this mr 100 is stylish as anything tiny + slightly evil looking which i like?
Any input appreciated or other mp3 players that are suitable

I would be careful when dealing with Archos. They have been known to produce absolute crap. Just read a couple of proper reviews before you take the plunge.

Back