moviepark fps

OH!? I REALLY REALLY hope so.... One of the main things am going to use my gp32 for is to watch movies on the buss and on road trips... :(

No I havn't tried, it seems to play supprizingly well at 10fps. True its not as smooth as a dvd but what do you expect. Inorder to fit an entire movie onto one smc you can't really go much above 10fps. I'm pretty happy with it and have made up some awesome proccessing settings files for it one for normal full screen and one for letterbox movie that make the conversion a breeze. I'll post them on my site if I ever have time to finish it.

ok the settings can be found at gp32.theangrypants.com give them a try they work really well for me but might be useless to you. Let me know how they work out for you.

10 fps actually works pretty well, I don't mind. Good Enough for episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. :lol:

DivX movies is one area of the GP32 that I have yet to try, maybe I'll give it a go to see waht all the fuss is about

MrT

If you want to watch anime divxes then it doesn´t matter if it´s 10 fps. :) One of my eps runs at 8fps and looks great.

I thought that moviepark could run at 12 fps but not at full screen.

I remember reading about it when I was searching for moviepark answers. Although I can't check it (Gamepark didn't work and right now I'm in the process of exchaning for one) I'm pretty sure the 12 FPS is true. I mean I see no reason to lie about it, and I distinctly remember seeing it on more then one occasion.

I just tested movie park with an episode of naruto (for those who watch anime). 10fps with sound was enjoyable for sure. vcr quality, maybe a little better in my opinion. i'm very happy with this :)

Ive done tons of tests and stuff and it plays the movies just fine, there still very enjoyable when sitting on the train into work :)

creating a gp movie from an already divx'd avi can give out of sync problems, if your doing that make sure you fast forward to the end and make sure its ok before sticking it on your card and already on the way when you notice it... very annoying

To fix it just split it into 2 avi's using virtual dub, works wonders

also for the best quality, follow my guide on converting straight from DVD

DVD2GP32

it only takes around 1.5 hours to do a 2 hour film :)

To fix it just split it into 2 avi's using virtual dub, works wonders

Split the original AVI or the converted 'GP32' AVI?

I have had the out of sync problem and it is driving me nuts!

Yes 12 FPS can be run. Only not full Screen. Which still isn't bad. Yes there is a slight noticable difference in smooth playback, but nothing to make a big deal about 10 fps works great. Get MoviePark.Its worth it!

TJFBryant posted on May 13 2003 said:
Yes 12 FPS can be run. Only not full Screen. Which still isn't bad. Yes there is a slight noticable difference in smooth playback, but nothing to make a big deal about 10 fps works great. Get MoviePark.Its worth it!
I would if I could get the JoyGP site to actaully work with Opera and Netscape. I put my crdit card details in, hit the send button and nothing happens.

I removed IE a while back and now I cannot reinstall it without formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows...grrr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanamonde posted on May 13 2003 said:
I would if I could get the JoyGP site to actaully work with Opera and Netscape. I put my crdit card details in, hit the send button and nothing happens.

I removed IE a while back and now I cannot reinstall it without formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows...grrr.
I have been using Opera for 2 years, Currentlly using Opera 6.05 registered and it works great with Joygp.entware.com. I will not use internet explorer, I take security seriously, Unlike micro$oft :blink: . I have even purchased 2 games and movie park from Joygp using Opera 6.05 with no problems at all.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back