new moviepark

bradley

just trying to work out if its actually worth it, but im missing some details
to deside so if someone could fill me in

xvid support could be usefull as it would mean i don't need to keep reinstalling the old divx codec every time i want to encode something, as long as the quality/size of that format was = or better, any comments on that?

the other thing is clock speed, what did the old moviepark run at, if the old moviepark run the 320x240 movies at 100 then changes in this area are quite disapointing as im not going to waste battery life and picture quality/smc space for a minor frame rate increase, if the old moviepark run at 320x240 movies higher than 100 then i'd be happy enough to upgrade for the battery save,

Actually, I'd heard that the old moviepark ran at 66MHz (!), but not from official sources, and I've never checked that one... Could be it was 133 or 100MHz...

I have got to say that I won't be upgrading for the time being until I find out whether the new version is a lot less fussy about the files it accepts. The old one would not accept files without sound and it even had problems with files that were encoded exactly how they should have been.

Back