Mount .img file as SD Card?

EssoAir

Salveta omnes,

I was wondering if it was possible to mount a .img file as an SD card. Id like to use the Pandora SD Installer application to install SuperZaxxon into a blank, mounted image file.

How can this be done?

Now at the chance of sounding like a jack-ass, RTFM. Seriously spend a minute or two googling this crap. But seeing as I have a feeling you won't, how about you try this:

sudo dd if=/ of =/insert/path/to/sd/zaxxon.img

Now admittedly this isn't what you want, seeing as it's not using the sd installer. But seeing as your running linux, why don't you spend some time learning the command line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I misread your post. Im not trying to make a blank image. Im trying to make an image with SuperZaxxon installed on it. just putting sduo dd if=/ of=SuperZaxxon.img will make a blank img with the name SuoerZaxxon... Thats. ot really what im looking for. Thats why I was hoping to mount an img but mame my Pandora think it was an SD Card so I could run that tool.

So you have an SD card, and you want to create an image file on that SD card and then mount that file as if it were a second card and install the OS into that image file?

Yes, this is possible and I can give you all the steps required, but I don't think it will do what you want it to. The boot loader only knows how to open physical devices, you won't be able to boot from a file on an SD card in this way. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Last edited by a moderator:
Through an app called Complete Linux installer, you can run various Linux distros. I use Ubuntu (because it works nicely and has a good software library) but I'd like to start using SuperZaxxon instead. I asked the developer of CLI and he responded by making a tutorial on how to package other ARM distros so they can work with his app. He said not all distros would work, but it worth a shot. So, I (after much troubleshooting) got through his tutorial and made the proper superzaxxon.img file. Sadly, it still didnt work. I assume this has more to do with how SZ works and less to do with a flawed tutorial. So, I was looking into other ways of installing SZ and found the Pandora SD Installer. I wanted to see if I could use it to install SZ inside an image file. While I doubt that would work, I figured it was worth a shot.

Something I noticed about the Rootfs, tho. It specifically states in the file name that it is for OMAP 3. Does this mean it wont run on other hardware?

Back