• The box is open, enjoy it

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Take the controls

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Take control

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Outsmart your phone.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Not happy with any of these; have posted below.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Two months

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

I love how it looks with Classic Robot - I think it complements the Pandora logo font nicely. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Here, in comfortaa, under the open font license:

pandora_slogan_ttc_comfortaa.png

edit:

I think it gives more focus to the main logo

any thoughts vs classic robot?

View attachment 1146

edit:

No offense Prometheus, but I think this beats the classic robot. :p Just my amateur opinion of course.

There's no clash, and it makes less of a stab at being futuristic and more of a focus on clarity.

None taken. It's not like Classic Robot's actually anything to do with me, other than being a font I like. :lol:

I think I still prefer the one with Classic Robot, but that's mainly because Comfortaa reminds me of the font used on Smarties (for those outside of the UK: They're little chocolates in sugar shells sold in cardboard tubes, and the packaging traditionally had a plastic lid with a random letter of the alphabet on it in a very similar font to this :p ). Associating fonts with existing products can be such a pain sometimes. :lol:

View attachment 1146

edit:

No offense Prometheus, but I think this beats the classic robot. :p Just my amateur opinion of course.

There's no clash, and it makes less of a stab at being futuristic and more of a focus on clarity.

Agreed! I liked the classic robot, but I like this better, it looks.... right. :D

- Neelix

Some characters in classic robot feel a bit too wide for me (e.g. the h, e and s).

The thing that bothers me most about comfortaa is how the gap in the e doesn't reach all the way to the right (it's essentially a full-circle with a gap in it). It just doesn't look right.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sold on "Take The Controls." I know what it's on about, but at first glance (at least in my case) it looked like a grammar error.

I think that "Take Control." or possibly "Take Control. Anywhere." gets the same message across without that initial grammar confusion.

The best things about this console are the buttons and the open-ness. Those are all things to do with you being able to use this however you want, so I certainly think something with "control" in it is a really great idea. Kudos for that. I just think we can perhaps do a little better than "Take The Controls".

Brain farts:

"Control Everything"

"You Control Everything"

"You Control"

"Your Control"

"Your Computer, Your Control"

"Full Control. Anywhere."

Actually I think pretty much all of the above could have "Anywhere." or "In Your Pocket." appended to 'em:

"Your Control, Anywhere"

"Control Everything, Anywhere"

Can you get done for false advertising if the slogan for your product seems to suggest that this item will give the user TOTAL POWER OF THE UNIVERSE?

I think "the" really holds an important place in this catchphrase... there are controls! I can say "take control" about any device, really, even the iPad. Would anyone say "take the controls" about the iPad? No. How about smartphones? Unlikely. How about the Open Pandora? You bet your boots.

Handheld Spatial-Temporal Displacement Device

I always feel as though I'm travelling to different places and points in time, when entering game worlds. The ease and speed of switching between so many feels like teleportation. When playing retro games, I'm taken back to earlier times when I played them. Also it's useful for passing time if you are waiting. Its a new and mysterious gadget to the uninitiated and could be an amusing wtf moment when they first see the site:

What?.. this is a teleportation device?!

I like "Take Control" , its a lot smoother and powerfull than "Take the Controls" which to me comes off a little lame. But thats just my opinion.

I also agree that "Take Control" is more in line with what the Pandora is about .

Some characters in classic robot feel a bit too wide for me (e.g. the h, e and s).

The thing that bothers me most about comfortaa is how the gap in the e doesn't reach all the way to the right (it's essentially a full-circle with a gap in it). It just doesn't look right.
I'll have a go at tweaking it!

I like "Take Control" , its a lot smoother and powerful than "Take the Controls" which to me comes off a little lame. But thats just my opinion.

I also agree that "Take Control" is more in line with what the Pandora is about .

In a way , I think that 'take the controls' mirrors the Pandora:

• The pandora: specs look a bit rubbish, not shiny, 'only' resistive touchsceen, big, lumpy
  • Then look closer: awesome battery life, res. touchscreen allows stylus use, fingerprint proof matte finish, 2 sdxc card slots, brilliant community, good enough specs for everything, emulates really well, etc
  • The slogan: (take the controls) feels a bit clumsy, maybe too long
  • Then notice that: it suggests the controls of a vehicle (going somewhere), it talks about the actual controls, because 'the' makes it physical, it makes 'take' feel like you really do carry it in your pocket. 'take the controls' covers everything 'take control' does and more...

To me 'Take control'' feels a bit too sleek, simple and cliched, like an iProduct.

It's splitting hairs a little, because in the end I do think "take the controls" is good. Just think "Take Control" rings better with me as "Take the Controls" just says to me - game system and nothing else.

It's splitting hairs a little, because in the end I do think "take the controls" is good. Just think "Take Control" rings better with me as "Take the Controls" just says to me - game system and nothing else.
That seems odd to me, as my primary mental association with the phrase "take the controls" is in reference to a vehicle, e.g. a car or a plane. To me it says "You're the one driving this thing" which to me is *exactly* the message we are trying to get across. "take control" has different connotations altogether....

- Neelix

That seems odd to me, as my primary mental association with the phrase "take the controls" is in reference to a vehicle, e.g. a car or a plane. To me it says "You're the one driving this thing" which to me is *exactly* the message we are trying to get across. "take control" has different connotations altogether....

- Neelix
I must admit, I'm in the same boat as Neelix, here. "Take the controls" generally seems to be associated with the use of vehicles, or with taking charge of a situation.

"Take Control", on the other hand, is the one that sounds like a gaming-only thing. In fact, it's probably been used by multiple gaming peripheral manufacturers at one point or another - I can just picture it on an advert for a joystick. :lol:

Pandora - It can only do everything

It can do stuff like gps, 3G, but it needs some effort.

'Does' implies out of the box

'can do' is less specific

Pandora - Outsmart your phone.

The Pandora does the 'smart' bit of smartphone better than smartphones do (but isn't so good at the phone bit!)

Back