• The box is open, enjoy it

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Take the controls

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Take control

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Outsmart your phone.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Not happy with any of these; have posted below.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Two months

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Done up nicely for you! :)

pandorasloganttc3.png

I am on board with this one, it resonates the fundamental difference which I think we need to do.

Of course, the penis allusions put forth by the usual company would help allay the concern that our community consists of only adults.

e.g.

Open Pandora's box and throw yourself in

Some more (free) fonts:

pandora_slogan_ttc6.pngpandora_slogan_ttc5.pngpandora_slogan_ttc4.pngpandora_slogan_ttc3.pngpandora_slogan_ttc2.pngpandora_slogan_ttc1.png

I'm not sure if I like these, but they can give an idea of what would be better!

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Take control" (yeah, singular) referring not only to the input methods but also to the great administration tool it is, I like that. I can imagine that this one's already taken though. And then it lacks the entertainment and play.

Some more (free) fonts:

I'm not sure if I like these, but they can give an idea of what would be better!

*ponders* nothing there that grabs me... maybe something sans serif? I'd especially like to see one with a rounded look to match the pandora logo.

- Neelix

Agreed, "Take the controls" is excellent, but we need a better font. I think there's a full font of the logo on the wiki somewhere.

The "Take control" (yeah, singular) referring not only to the input methods but also to the great administration tool it is, I like that. I can imagine that this one's already taken though. And then it lacks the entertainment and play.
But "Take the Controls" works for all of those things. :p The large amount of literal controls available, the openness, gaming, and administrative use.

Also you can 'take' (carry around) 'the controls' (with accompanying Pandora).

Much better! But something doesn't seem right...I can't put my finger on it. Maybe try a lowercase C?

The small t and big are problems with the font!

Gimped versions here:

pandora_slogan_ttc_pandorafont_smallc.pngpandora_slogan_ttc_pandorafont_bigt.png

Oh yes, the one on the left looks much better. However, you'd want to do a higher-resolution version; the wiki has the Pandora logo (text included) in .svg format. Remaking the sloganified logo as an .svg would be very simple, and it would be able to scale infinitely.

I prefer the one on the right, as slogans that are entirely in lower-case drive me absolutely crackers. :lol: I'm still not sure on the font, personally, though, but I'm probably in the minority, there.

'Linesquare Rounded Extended' is 'Public domain / GNU GPL' according to dafont.com which is all good:

pandora_slogan_ttc_lnsqurnd.png

and here is classic robot: ("free.")

pandora_slogan_ttc_clsscrbt.png

here in Serious (also 'free')

pandora_slogan_ttc_seriousr2.png

Out of those three I'd have to say the classic robot fits the best. There's a might bit of curvature clash between the Pandora and slogan fonts, particularly the o's, one being square the other being circular. But some of the other curves (the n's for instance) match perfectly, so my eyes don't hate it.

The Serious font gives a retro feel but lacks in legibility, plus I'm not sure the retro niche is the way to go here. Although retro-gaming is prevalent with the device, equally prevalent is the stance that the Open Pandora is not exclusively designed for this use. So it doesn't make sense to broadcast that in the slogan.

Back