Most Underrated Games

TransGaming

Still Fresh
TG here

so there is a thread for the best and worst games, but there is not one for the most underrated games.
so, I thought I would make a new thread for people's opinions for underrated games. So, I shall start.

Marble Madness - it's available for many systems such as NES, Mega Drive, Master System and Game Gear. It's a lot of fun and can play over and over again to beat your time and score record

I'd like to know yours.

Thank You

Without a doubt, Explorer by the RamJam Corporation is without a doubt the best game I've played, ever, bar none. It has over a million screens, and a map that's the size of a continent. It's just bloody brilliant, and soooo playable. People often say that it's a bad game, but they're all wrong.

D.

Trex Warrior was a very underrated game, But sadly only available for the Commodore
Amiga (Maybe Atari ST too ?). It was a bloody excellent game.

Trex Warrior

The game view was third person perspective, Where you had to control a hovering craft
in an arena using a mouse. It was split into about 4 rounds per stage where you had
to beat various other enemy crafts using your cannon and sometimes other objects
placed in the arena. You had an energy bar that would deplete if you were hit by the
opposition, But it could be replenished by collecting first aid boxes occasionally
placed around the arena. It could be classed as just a mindless button masher, If
it weren't for the fact that your gun would over heat though over use, Thus would
fire more slowly, And would need to be allowed to cool down.

Everyone should give it a try at least.

Plotting/Puzznic i think is another underrated game, Pure unadulterated puzzle
game, Simple in concept, Quite difficult to complete, Available for almost every
system under the sun.

Puzznic

Basically you have to clear the screen of blocks by moving them around the screen
and getting two or more identical one`s to touch, Which causes them to disappear.

Various things are against you, Such as gravity, Wall`s, Other blocks etc, Oh, And
it`s all against the clock.

Mint

trooper said:
Plotting/Puzznic i think is another underrated game

Plotting was a different game to Puzznic. Both good though.

My most underrated is Ardy Lightfoot on the SNES.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Kane and Lynch being underrated, it was an excellent game. another one I think was The Suffering on XBOX and PS2. It was quite frightening for a game too.

Infinite Undiscovery. It was a reet game (way better than most 360 exclusives) and it got really bad reviews.

Goity said:
Infinite Undiscovery. It was a reet game (way better than most 360 exclusives) and it got really bad reviews.
Really? I've been considering it, but i heard it was pretty meh, did it glitch alot?

Jourdy288 said:
Goity said:
Really? I've been considering it, but i heard it was pretty meh, did it glitch alot?
Nah, it never glitched for me. It may not be to everyone's tastes, but I really enjoyed it, as did Rico iirc. It's a very nicely made game imo.

TransGaming said:
anyone think lemmings was underrated?
Lemmings was good, but I'm not sure it was underrated. Did people not like it?

Goity said:
TransGaming said:

it's just more of the fact it's a more unspoken game nowadays, that's all

TransGaming said:

Definitely not underrated, it was a hit in every magazine that reviewed it, and incredibly popular.

Another underrated one - Urban Chaos: Riot Response on Xbox. Quality FPS with a twist (the riot shield, mainly).

TransGaming said:
Goity said:
TransGaming said:

That may well be related to the vast amount of dodgy sequels / remakes that have come since.

Goity said:
TransGaming said:
Goity said:
TransGaming said:

That may well be related to the vast amount of dodgy sequels / remakes that have come since.

true actually, the worst Lemmings game I can think of was Lemmings 3D

TransGaming said:
Goity said:
TransGaming said:
Goity said:
TransGaming said:

true actually, the worst Lemmings game I can think of was Lemmings 3D

I really wanted to play that as a child, but it's probably a good job that I didn't.

More on topic, you should all play Heavenly Sword. It's acer than the ace of spaces.

Goity said:
TransGaming said:
the worst Lemmings game I can think of was Lemmings 3D

I really wanted to play that as a child, but it's probably a good job that I didn't.
I quite liked it.

WizardStan said:
Goity said:
TransGaming said:
the worst Lemmings game I can think of was Lemmings 3D

I quite liked it.

I don't think it felt like a lemmings game, I'm glad they reverted back to 2D style gameplay :)

FF7: Dirge of Cerberus! It was absolutely slated when it first came out, but I really enjoyed it...

Dunny said:
Without a doubt, Explorer by the RamJam Corporation is without a doubt the best game I've played, ever, bar none. It has over a million screens, and a map that's the size of a continent. It's just bloody brilliant, and soooo playable. People often say that it's a bad game, but they're all wrong.

D.

I played Explorer for a bit back in the day - might have to revisit it again! I remember it felt a bit like Captain Blood though, big but empty.

I always thought 'Starfox' was underrated on the Spectrum. Reviewed poorly, but I loved it and played it for bloody hours! That was the game that meant Nintendo had to change the name of their Starfox to 'Starwing' in the UK. Made by Realtime games, who did the Spectrum conversions of Argonaut Software's titles, like Starglider. That's Argonaut software who then went on to make 'Starfox' for the SNES.

As for modern ones, 'Cross Edge' on the PS3 (I think might also be available on 360 in the US) has a metacritic score about 50 - which generally means 'mince', but I played it so much it burned into my LCD telly. A good old fashioned JRPG with ridiculous story and characters, including some from Disgaea (Etna! Prinny!) and Darkstalkers (Felicia! Morrigan!) as well as other JRPG's, and a really sophisticated and involving battle system.

Back