Moria port for the GP32!

Doh! Page appears to be down now.. don't tease me like that! :) I've been waiting for a roguelike on GP32 forever.. hopefully it pops up again soon.

Uh, sorry folks!

Geocities seems to be having, er, problems :rolleyes:

Exceeded data transfer, apparently <_<

Wahoo! It must be popular! :D

Try again later ;)

geosities is still having problems, but you can get moria at www.gp32news.com

Yeah, I love this game. Used to keep my eyeballs attached to it when I was much younger. My brothers have played a lot of Moria in the past couple years, and they've actually defeated the Balrog once or twice.

I never had that much skill, but now I'll start playing again, on my GP! I feel like a singing, happy drunk!

Hmm... I dig the graphics. Very nice.

But does anyone else find the movement control settings awkward? Of course, it's a very early beta, but just wondering?

I'm a big roguelikes fan too. It's great that someone have managed to do at least an alpha of a roguelike port. (I've played rogue on Castaway, but it's not really adapted)

I've beginned to work on a Nethack port, but it's more complex than I've expected (multi plateform, code structure etc).
For now, I've only modified the structure (makefiles & co) to build a gp32 version. I have took and began to extend glibc wrapper from sdl port. But I'm thiking of doing a wrapper more like Darkfader's one (in mylib1). Because it looks much less work by the fact it use existing parts of glibc. I haven't fully understood how it works despite of looking at glibc code...
But I'm quite lazy, so it progress really slowly

I've read that GeneralNMX wanna work on a Nethack port too. Maybe we could join forces. (Bad luck, I'm traveling for work from tomorrow to the end of the week.) For information I'm coding using gcc on Linux. I don't know if what I'm doing will compile using dev kit on Windows or something else.

omg nethack is amazing!!

i couldnt even fathom the amount of time i would spend on a gp32 nethack port

i have played the moria beta and it is ok though the interface seems a little clunky

Back