KOF91 beta 2

again....WOW....Just keeps getting better and better. Extremely playable now, only the larger characters (HULK) causing notable slowdown.

I love this game.

i found out that it supports static and animated backgrounds.. do these animated also work on your (great) gp32 version?
and how do i install those (static/animated)?

THANKS!

There are alrealy animated backgrounds in the GP32 version, but for memory/speed problems, animation is disabled (as foreground).
To add backgrounds, add .flc (animated bkgd) or .pcx to the folders "bkgds" and don't forget to add a .mod with the same name in the "midi" folder.

Thor

F@!K ME...yet again.....much faster...i love it.
do you know why some charter's cause it to crash?
and how about apocalypse.....he's just under 6mb...will he slow it down much?....

shotaway posted on Dec 30 2003 at 01:37 PM said:
and how about apocalypse.....he's just under 6mb...will he slow it down much?....

Try it with the PC version. This character is enormous. GP32 has only 8mb. It's probably a memory problem. try to upgrade to 32mb
sorry...my attempt at humor!!!!

i'am trying to work out why some charater's crash thought...there must be a way to convert non-work charater's to this version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having some problems with characters. Tried it in the PC version and it's the same - so I'm doing something wrong.

For example, I downloaded Sub Zero, but his picture doest show up in the game...it says insert pcx or something. I cant select the character.

This is what I did, just copied the character folder into the sprites folder? Is that all I have to do?

Sorry for the noobish comments.

just add the character in the GOOD folder (see msg on char.ini).
selbig.pcx and selsmall.pcx are the pictures displayed in selection menu.
verify if they are present... or edit the char.ini, search "locked", if value is set to 1, remove 1 or replace it by 0.
This is the bonus management for the story mode (which doesn't really work atm).

Thor

well done thor, very good port. why do the new characters i put in the game make my gp32 reset though? Can you use centurion, afreet and net characters?

Except haomaru (I have to check why), all the one I tested were ok.
any mismatch between folder name and char.ini file ?
very big characters will not work as they want to take more than the available memory.

Thor

Yo!

a beta 3 is available on my website, but it's a secret ! don't propagate the rumor...
It's just a small update to use more fighters (iceman,haomaru,raiden,violent ken... but not apocalyse !!!! really too much RAM needed. mod ur GP32 up to 32mb).
I noticed an instability (reseting the game) especialy in story mode, but can't locate the problem atm...

Thor

the forbiden link : http://www.geocities.com/rtb7/files/gp32/kof91_b3.zip

if it does not work, forget it... (or try forum at www.gp32spain.com)

Back