More Required Watching

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Along with Micromen, you should also watch this if you want to understand what we do 'behind the scenes'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_n4pTMJLnE&feature=player_embedded

craigix said:
Along with Micromen, you should also watch this if you want to understand what we do 'behind the scenes'.

I've always found the people on this board had a much to simple view of the business-side of this pandora-venture.
But it is not, business is a bitch and i really admire the courage the OP-Team has had during this "adventure".

Keep it up guys, I hope when the product launches the team gets the respect it deserves for pulling this off!

Last edited by a moderator:
That bodybuilder bloke is incredibly obnoxious

thomasvdp said:
craigix said:

I've always found the people on this board had a much to simple view of the business-side of this pandora-venture.
But it is not, business is a bitch and i really admire the courage the OP-Team has had during this "adventure".

Keep it up guys, I hope when the product launches the team gets the respect it deserves for pulling this off!

Way too simple. Asking things like status, administration, supply and demand, evaluating usability, deadlines, exporting, shipping, customs, processes, or basic organization. I agree that individuals have simplistic views, but what about the group? Avoiding the carrot on the end of stick style updates? Aren't these ideas put in place to avoid the pitfalls of bad business?

crazy stuff is going on in China... the olympic committee bus was a nice idea :)

@CraigX

I just watched the whole thing (all 7 parts). There's probably more truth in that documentary than most people get in an afternoon.

I hope you get the deal with the cases straightened out and I'm glad you did the curcuit boards in the U.S. also.

Just finished watching. I think the overall feel I got was that, although doing business with the Chinese can be a gruelling process, it's ultimately rewarding.

All hail Mamaging Director Craig Rothwell!

What I don't get is. Is the point that people should do better homework before using a chinese factory, or not use them at all? Either way, isn't that still the fault of the people who use them? E.g., it's their responsibility to find out who they are dealing with, not just jump in willy-nilly then plead innocence/ignorance later, no?

Edit: I know the company was a referral... but when hiring an employee, I wouldn't take the word of someone I just met and say 'great, hired' to their referral, that's just silly (and lazy). I'd want to interview, see examples of previous work, maybe talk to a previous employer... etc.

Edit2: btw, I have worked with a number of people from China (and no, not from Taiwan) and found their work ethic to be impeccable. This article reeks of someone who didn't do their homework, then is blaming cultural-differences for his failures to source a proper manufacturer. He probably went for the cheapest one, and got bit in the ass... thought that'd never happen here.

Nation.A.List said:
You need a Cecil P in the mould factory
yeah and he needs to play some karaoke to finish the contract...

Craig I reckon you should work on a short statement for sarcastic girlfriends and sposes. Mine is still convinced I've set fire to my money. She won't believe a single explaination I give her, in fact she even managed to discount the fact that you invited us over to see a working pandora. How do they do it?!

show her a video of a working pandora?

we have videos since the development stage, prototype vboards etc.
theres no way scammers would actually PRODUCE something, more than 3d renders and fake videos, but we can actually see the unit, see that its unique, and see that its working.

Also, tell her that there are actually people cancelling their orders, and getting their money BACK.
if it was fake/scam their would be people all over the internet claiming they didn't get their money back after a cancelled order.

personally, i got my money back for the extra stylus i cancelled.

Very nice documentary, thx for sharing!
Ends up probably much more positively than the average endeavor, or at least it seems so from the beginning of the video.
Will there be a PandoraCaseTown somewhere at some point?

where the heck did the thread go with some guy saying his girlfriend was convinced hed thrown his money out of his window or something? my earlier post is this thread wa ssupposed to be an answer to that but now i cant find that dang post! benn looking in averypossible thread :(

GizmoTheGreen said:
where the heck did the thread go with some guy saying his girlfriend was convinced hed thrown his money out of his window or something? my earlier post is this thread wa ssupposed to be an answer to that but now i cant find that dang post! benn looking in averypossible thread :(
it's here, one post over your last.

The doku was well made, one could really feel the frustration. That old snob seemed to have taken his only chance and when the doku is over, there's still room for speculation if he got scammed. The two other guys were rather unsympathic at the start, but at least Vance could get some points for humanity in the end.

thx, seems high res display (1920x1080) make the posts longer horizontally and less rows, screws up my image memory, so i was blind to the post :( sigh

I saw your response, man. I've tried the works on her, her statement now is 'well... It better be GOOD when it arrives'

Back