My User
who art in meatspace
hallowed be thy brain
Thy reality come,
Thy will be done,
in VR as it is on Earth.

Give me this day my daily backup,
And forgive me my trespasses,
as I forgive those who trespass against me.
And lead me not into black ICE,
but deliver me from virii.

For thine is the simulation,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever and ever
or until you turn it off.

Re: New Video On Blog

piercer said:
Is it just me, or does the new quake video on the blog look completely fake?

I can't see the player pressing any buttons to fire the gun, and there seems to be some sort of lag between the 'video' of the game and the left-hand thumb supposedly pressing the buttons.

hmmm, very worried now about whther this machine can actually live up to the expectations. Maybe its time to get a GP2 Wiz...
I really don't think they would have time to make a "fake" video I mean really why? it's not april 1, and well it is down right ridiculous

As far as requests are concerned, how about footage of the game controls in action (D-Pad & Analog) with fighting games? I also wouldn't mind seeing more PSX emulation (with sound!) along with the usual suspects (such as SNES). We've yet to see DOSBOX video footage, so that'd be awesome (especially Warcraft II). Last, but not least, footage of a properly calibrated touch screen would also be great (seemed to be an issue in all of EvilDragon's videos...).

anexanhume said:
craigix said:
It is indeed a fantastically executed fake.

The entire video is rendered, I made a 3d version of my house and the pandora and the mac then rendered it all over the last month to create that video.

And I've got loads more footage to post for the next month. It's all fake.

You're in a dream right now.

I rendered you.

No one can be told what the Matrix is.

Can I take the blue pill? :|

Azure said:
(seemed to be an issue in all of EvilDragon's videos...).
EvilDrag has explained the touch screen prob is due to the fact his screen was not fixed, and he need to take on two and the stylus, the camera and the screen ^^ Then no screen calibration prob

Yod4z said:
Azure said:
(seemed to be an issue in all of EvilDragon's videos...).
EvilDrag has explained the touch screen prob is due to the fact his screen was not fixed, and he need to take on two and the stylus, the camera and the screen ^^ Then no screen calibration prob
Ah, my bad then ^_^

Re: New Video On Blog

piercer said:
Is it just me, or does the new quake video on the blog look completely fake?

I can't see the player pressing any buttons to fire the gun, and there seems to be some sort of lag between the 'video' of the game and the left-hand thumb supposedly pressing the buttons.

hmmm, very worried now about whther this machine can actually live up to the expectations. Maybe its time to get a GP2 Wiz...

oh god the human race is doomed, off you go then please buy a Wiz and shut up. As for lag....check your brain

lol what a downer.. he needs some happy pills... which are they the blue or the red?

Trevsweb said:
lol what a downer.. he needs some happy pills... which are they the blue or the red?

I think they're the white ones, if the memory of my youth aren't failing me!

New Video from a few hours ago

[youtube]NL4VtAg_xzo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Mine sweeper is biblically evil.

I think criag should make a video every day that would make me sooo happy :)
love the ending to that film :) would love to see more obscure things that pandora can do... maybe some sort of test of a webcam next if possible.
i heard there will be a GUI for the pandora and you can switch between the two... would love to see more on that too. (if its different to pantify thing)

That is so nice. Me and my bro hacked his PSP and we got dosbox on there... Quake 1, Hexen 2, etc.. The biggest downfall to the PSP: Only 1 Analog nub!!! Which means we have to use the 4 buttons to control looking which is a big pain... Oh yeah and trying to type in console commands is the biggest pain ever.. That keyboard is too awesome. And the touch screen? I am so tired of using the analog nub to control the mouse on master of orion in dosbox (which lags due to lack of ram)... I swear, as soon as this thing is ready to be bought, I am buying one. Plus I use linux right now so it's even more convenient.

PS: If you do another video, I really want to see analog nub action... Right stick for mouse look (look up/down, turn left/right), left stick for forward, backward, strafe left/right...

A question... Do the gamepad controls act as a regular PC gamepad in terms of button mapping... Would it be possible to map the gamepad controls to anything? For example, for playing some games with bad gamepad support

Back