More Possible Commercial Game Support..

DaveC

Internal Development
I e-mailed the guys at http://www.idreams.pl about maybe porting some of their cool looking games to the GP2X. Nothing for sure but they actually replied and are considering it :) The games look good with great quality graphics and effects. Let's hope, more commercial support is only a good thing. The shooter actually has some 3D objects that parallax as you fly over, pretty cool. The other looks to be a Boulder Dash clone with great graphics and effects. Here is a little of what was said:

"Hi,

I was wondering. Do you have any plans to port any of these games to the GP2X linux handheld? They would be a perfect for your games. You can see what it is at www.gp32x.de

Thanks much,
Dave"

"
Thanks Dave!

I'll seriously consider porting the game to GP32X. We've ported our games to almost anything so why not support another (cool) platform. :)

Thanks again!

regards,
Marek."

000139.jpg

000143.jpg

000127.jpg

000125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job! And it's great they replied!

Anyone know how many GP2x sold as now?

It'd be a good argument when emailing developers. I once (at the beggining) was bugging some companies but without results.

I'd love to have 3DRealms Balls of Steel and housemarque The Reap ports for the GP2x.
And Ultima Underworld, some of early Bullfrog games (MagicCarpet) would be great too.

And SystemShock1 would be beyond being awesome.

So... I will prepare a proper letter and perhaps I will have more luck this time?

Look at the video of that shooter on their website. It looks real cool and has lots of transparency, parallax, particles lots of colors etc. The games are pretty cheap at only $10.00 too. That is less than many of us donate to HB stuff.

The wiki says 30,000. That should be enough to be a good argument :)

As now? Then it'd be much better argument then the one I was using before.
(about GP32 what sold in 30,000 total)

So I will try again - hopefully with some results this time.

The real problem there isn't any bigger commercial relase now, is it?
So for a potential developer GP2x might be looking more risky than it really is. Once something will get relased it should start slowly moving, but moving nevertheless.

Wikipedia was wrong (unless some shitty bot has come along and tried to revert my change again, in which case it still is wrong). The figure quoted on there was gp32 sales. Craig said earlier today that the gp2x has sold over 5000 in the uk so far.

The games look realy nice, i would for sure buy some for 10$.
5k uk only probably means about 10k globaly i gues?

Wikipedia was wrong (unless some shitty bot has come along and tried to revert my change again, in which case it still is wrong). The figure quoted on there was gp32 sales. Craig said earlier today that the gp2x has sold over 5000 in the uk so far.

We need to buy up all the FE's Craig mentioned to get the figure up ;)

well only 5000 in uk, that could still be 30000 world wide :)

Make sure they know about how it is easy to flip the GP2X for vertical shooters!

Real numbers are :
GP32 (all versions) : 27000 Units
GP2X : 7000 (from launch to March 2006)

These are worldwide sales, including South Korea

what the...
fx-man, alive, posting? must be a dream...
Who did put drugs in my food?

Last time i heard something from you was about.... adic 2004?

and gp32news.com is up as well, with news i didnt see here yet...

Make sure they know about how it is easy to flip the GP2X for vertical shooters!

From one of my messages:

"Vertically oriented games are no problem either. you can easily rotate unit and play vertical, the volume buttons can be re-programmed as fire buttons."

Yes I told them that. There were a few e-mails that I sent but just didn't put them here.

what the...
fx-man, alive, posting? must be a dream...
Who did put drugs in my food?

Last time i heard something from you was about.... adic 2004?

and gp32news.com is up as well, with news i didnt see here yet...

Loool
Yes, still alive ;)
But after ADIC 2004, which was a pure nightmare for me, I deceided to stop everything (but I was still having a look to what was happening B)
I'm back for quite some times now, but nobody knows it ;)

Anyway

Remember one thing ^^
Only trust the official announcements from GPH or Gamepark, not the numbers of informations coming from nobody know ^^

DaveC
I know there is a Polish company developing games for the GP2X, do you know which company is it ? (unfortunatly, i forgot...)

I own Sky Force on my Tapwave Zodiac, gotta admit it is a great game! It would be a very cool game to see on GP2X, I can't wait for Sky Force Reloaded to be released for PalmOS (should be in July ;) ) That would be a very polished, professional title to see on the GP2X!

DaveC
I know there is a Polish company developing games for the GP2X, do you know which company is it ? (unfortunatly, i forgot...)

Well it cant be these guys as they are not developing on the GP2X yet. I don't know the other one.

I know these guys are Polish too so if they started doing stuff it would make two developers from Poland. Anyways I am hoping they consider doing stuff, their games look like they have alot of cool effects, graphics, etc.

Remember one thing ^^
Only trust the official announcements from GPH or Gamepark, not the numbers of informations coming from nobody know ^^

Those 7000 units were some time ago. Any data how many sold now? It'd like to advocate the GP2x as much as I could. :)

Any more info until I will get it myself? It'd be quite interesting for me for a simple reason that I'm living in Poland too.

Look at the video of that shooter on their website. It looks real cool and has lots of transparency, parallax, particles lots of colors etc. The games are pretty cheap at only $10.00 too. That is less than many of us donate to HB stuff.
Here is a link to the video (Google video):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...+force+reloaded

And I like the K-Rally sneak preview teaser, it looks insanely good, that 3D effect is awesome, I love it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=85...+force+reloaded

I hope they can do it :).

Back