Moonlight - Nvidia GameStream

Mikelle02

Still Fresh
Hi , I was looking for a way to connect a Pandora 1ghz vrs to a computer capable of Nvidia GameStream to be able to play my computer games onto a Pandora.
Is there a port of Moonlight-stream for the Pandora ?

Hi , I was looking for a way to connect a Pandora 1ghz vrs to a computer capable of Nvidia GameStream to be able to play my computer games onto a Pandora.

Not to my knowlege, but that looks like an interesting software. I may try to port it.
Wonderful news , I really appreciate that. Looking at the repo , you made all the ports I love :)

Not to my knowlege, but that looks like an interesting software. I may try to port it.
Wonderful news , I really appreciate that. Looking at the repo , you made all the ports I love :)
Thank you.

I have a first version that kinda run, but the video is not really ok (very blue-ish), and it's slow (well, too slow for action games, might be ok for turn by turn). More work is require even before a beta package.

Can someone try it: moonlight.pnd

It works on my gigahertz with external USB-Key Wifi (on a 11g network) but it's not really usable because of the latency...

But it works (screen should be set at 800x480x20fps, everything higher res will be even less usable).

I would, but i'll be away from my desktop for another month!

If this becomes usable enough to play civ V in bed I would be thrilled to bits! (only have a CC though)

Thanks for doing this. :)

Since I just got my Pandora Rebirth, I'll take a shot at it, ptitSeb.  I'll report back when I have a chance to try.

-Glyph Reader

I would, but i'll be away from my desktop for another month!

If this becomes usable enough to play civ V in bed I would be thrilled to bits! (only have a CC though)

Thanks for doing this. :)
It should work on CC model, but a Swapfile (256Mo) may be needed.

Since I just got my Pandora Rebirth, I'll take a shot at it, ptitSeb.  I'll report back when I have a chance to try.

-Glyph Reader
Thanks

So I installed it, and it asked for the Java PND to be installed.  Once I did that, I tried to launch it from the desktop and it never opened.  I also tried it from the Mini-menu, but all that happens is the screen is black for a bit, then it returns to the menu.  No errors come up at all. 

-Glyph Reader

So I installed it, and it asked for the Java PND to be installed.  Once I did that, I tried to launch it from the desktop and it never opened.  I also tried it from the Mini-menu, but all that happens is the screen is black for a bit, then it returns to the menu.  No errors come up at all. 

-Glyph Reader
Do you have the pndrun_moonlight.out ?

I guess I have to test a bit more (will do that tomorrow).

-Glyph Reader
Do you have the pndrun_moonlight.out ?

I guess I have to test a bit more (will do that tomorrow).
Where would the "pndrun_moonlight.out" be located?  I checked the Wiki, and I didn't see anything about where .out files are. 

-Glyph Reader

They are located in the /tmp directory
Thanks Trashy. 

Here is the pndrun_moonlight.out file's contents: http://pastebin.com/ADAFstft

-Glyph Reader
Ok, thanks. I have fixed my issue.

This version should work now: moonlight.pnd
This version works (using a Rebirth).  Like you said earlier, there is quite a bit of latency, though my network is not set up for proper streaming, to say the least :p .  Key presses are basically instant, so I can control games perfectly fine with the Pandora while looking at my desktop. 

When I went to the gamepad mapping, it states that I do not have a gamepad connected. 

I also decided to test the experiment OpenGL feature just to see what would happen and, well, nothing did.  If it is enabled, the streaming will not start.  I figured that would happen, but I just wanted to see.  

Overall, things seem to be working. 

-Glyph Reader

Yes, for the OpenGL mode I tried to put everything in place, but there is still some missing things. Probably a mismatch between the native libs and jar version for jogl (but when I tried to update the jar in moonlight, I got many error, so I gave up because it's just texture bliting anyway, so GL on the Pandora is not the best way to do it).

The gamepad thingy, I must say I haven't tried (but it should work, at least I have compiled the required native libs for it).

Thanks for the testing.

Yes, for the OpenGL mode I tried to put everything in place, but there is still some missing things. Probably a mismatch between the native libs and jar version for jogl (but when I tried to update the jar in moonlight, I got many error, so I gave up because it's just texture bliting anyway, so GL on the Pandora is not the best way to do it).

The gamepad thingy, I must say I haven't tried (but it should work, at least I have compiled the required native libs for it).

Thanks for the testing.
No problem!  If/when you have a new version, I'll test it. 

-Glyph Reader

So; should I post it to the repo or no-one care (I don't find it usable enough, it's more a POC than anything else)?

Post it. I haven't heard CCF complain about things he doesn't understand in a while :p

edit: but seriously, if you have any interest in updating it at all in the future I'd appreciate it being on the repo so I will see it updated, even if it is pretty useless right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back