Pandora Mini

zevdawg

I was looking up some electronics stuff on a site, only to stumble upon the Pandora Mini (also dubbed MIC Mini).

Somehow this fell into my search for NVidia cards randomly :ph34r:

Not sure how this is a Pandora aside from the name....

And HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE?

Zotty said:
This Page Is No Longer Available
With a nice NullPointerException exception :lol:

Fixed (hopefully) - their site tends to generate a random disposable link sometimes instead of the actual pagelink for some strange reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
zevdawg said:
I was looking up some electronics stuff on a site, only to stumble upon the Pandora Mini (also dubbed MIC Mini).

Somehow this fell into my search for NVidia cards randomly :ph34r:

Ya know, thats what I would expect the Pandora cube to look like. Maybe black and a little taller, but with all the same ports n stuffs...

Orion4874 said:
Seriously, $500 just because it's small? I think not!!! You can buy desktops on Newegg or Tigerdirect that'll bury that thing, for less.

It would probably go for ~$200 in the shenzhen markets (that's where a lot of this stuff's being seen anyway). So you pretty much have to be in China (and in a marketplace, of course) to get the goods for cheap.

On a side note, if one wanted to run OSx86 project ISOs on the thing, this is one good knockoff to do it to.

If OP made a console instead, it'd probably be smaller than this, though, wouldn't it?

My server that was $200 is a little narrower (shorter?) than that, but it has the Nvidia ION which may be a worse GPU. Can't remember what kind of Atom it has.
But for fuck's sake.

Acer and Asus make similar small computers that are cheaper, usually around $300 and they use the Atom chipset (some with Nvidia Ion).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500036&cm_re=atom_motherboard-_-13-500-036-_-Product

Now make a case and get some spare parts and you have the same thing with a dual core cpu for 2x less. If you don't care about the graphics you can get such a motherboard for about $50

Back