Monster's

taras

Mega Pandora mania
Website
taras.net
Don't mean to piss on everyone's party here, but shouldn't it be "Guardian Monsters"?

Unless you mean "[ ] belonging to Guardian Monster".

are you from that The Apostrophe Protection Society?

your probably right, but it allows me to make a better looking logo if i dump a apostrophe in it.

"Guardian Monster's" could be belonging to guardian monster, or Guardian Monster Is, but not the plural of Guardian Monster. Down with that apostrophe! Burn it! BUUUURN IIIIIT!

It's actually quite annoying, makes it look like some cheapass Japanese company made it, and couldn't be bothered to hire a translator, and hired someone's nephew to do it instead...

If you need an "'s" somewhere in it for the title screen, why not call it "Guardian's Monster" - and add a rudamentary story about an ultimate monster which has to be beaten in order to attain the rank of guardian or some such.

Ok, so that was the work of 20 seconds, and it still sounds odd, but you get an 's in there and it is gramatically correct.

Or "Monster's Guardian", of course...

Like Granny's Garden but with monsters and relying more on similar sounding words than any real connection for the second bit. So yeah.

Tobriand posted on Oct 24 2004 at 09:03 PM said:
If you need an "'s" somewhere in it for the title screen, why not call it "Guardian's Monster" - and add a rudamentary story about an ultimate monster which has to be beaten in order to attain the rank of guardian or some such.

Ok, so that was the work of 20 seconds, and it still sounds odd, but you get an 's in there and it is gramatically correct.

Or "Monster's Guardian", of course...

Like Granny's Garden but with monsters and relying more on similar sounding words than any real connection for the second bit. So yeah.

hehe, the ' is only in the thread title, the game doesn't have it in at all - i also decided to make the title screen without it, so its just "Guardian Monsters". that should stop the people who write dictionary from coming here and burning down my house :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tristan posted on Oct 24 2004 at 05:11 PM said:
It's actually quite annoying, makes it look like some cheapass Japanese company made it, and couldn't be bothered to hire a translator, and hired someone's nephew to do it instead...

It is not that bad..

But if there was a line in the game that read "All your monsters are belong to us" THAT would be bad :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooooooh, I can't wait for next beta!!!!!!! I've spent all day waiting for it to appear but it doesn't come out!

a new beta will prob be out every week, you'll get e-mailed it once its ready :D

:( ouuuuuu I wanted to try it harder this weekend...well, doesn't matter. See you in next week beta ;)

had a big AI coding session, monsters can now see each other when they get within sight, they can talk to each other which may result in them being friends or hating each other, and also depending on if the monster they see is a friend or an enemy, they could go play with it or go attack it or something.

monsters also can tell if an item is in use, so they wont bother using something another monster is already using etc.

it's all very glitchy, need to iron it out a bit tomorrow. then i want to add some more animations in for using items (the items will animate too when being used) and it should be ready for another beta by the end of the weekend.

Back