Monkey Island Music...

Quo Vadis

Still Fresh
I can't seem to get the music working on the Monkey Island games via Scumm. I have the CD version of the games and have copied these across fine. I've ripped the music files from the CD and placed them in the Monkey1 and Monkey2 directories yet the music still doesn't play. Can anyone suggest something else I should be doing?

Also, is it possible to know which music tracks belong to which game?

Try a forum search - that's a question that gets asked quite a lot. I forget the answer, but it's been answered quite a few times, so that should sort you out.

barnesy posted on Dec 2 2005 at 10:55 AM said:
Try a forum search - that's a question that gets asked quite a lot. I forget the answer, but it's been answered quite a few times, so that should sort you out.
I did search but I couldn't find anything that seemed to answer that particular problem. The answers were more to do with what to do to get the music on the gp32 in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly up on what the latest releases of ScummVMgp actually, support, but some things to check might be that you are actually using the latest version (the one by DJWillis with experimental OGG support), and that the music for the game is in fact encoded as .ogg files (as opposed to MP3s which iirc aren't supported as yet), and moreover that they have the correct quality (got a feeling if you encode them wrong, it doesn't work).

Hopefully that should be explained in any readme files that came with the version you've got (if it doesn't mention ogg, download a newer one - possibly from the Beta forums on this page if the file on the GP32 archive is out of date, which I haven't a clue if it is or not). Also do take a gander around the beta forums (with "show all" selected in the option to filter by date - by default it only shows stuff that's been posted in in the last 30 days) since there was a good long thread which included people trying to set up the test release, failing, and being given suggestions, before succeeding.

EDIT: Oh, just thought... try holding select when loading up ScummVM in the first place and making sure OGG is selected in the audio bit. That could be what's wrong :)

OK, got it working. I was using the wrong version of the ScummVM.

The music's too slow to listen to though! Bugger.

Back