Monkey Island 2 Help

thestate

Still Fresh
Hi, I've tried searching for an answer to this, but with no results.
Basically, I'm running Monkey Island 2 through scummvm (sc132v5) on my gp32 blu, and I've noticed that when I go to the swamp and enter the voodoo lady's shack, the game just stops. It does a similar thing when I dig up the bone in the cemetery, but can be skipped with SELECT, this however doesn't work with the swamp scene.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hmm, doesn`t crash on mine.
I`m using the sc156v5.fxe, the german version of the game and I tried on the normal difficulty settings (not Monkey Island 2 Light).

Maybe you try copying the files again to your gp32 (scumm and mi2)

Im having terrible trouble getting the sounds working on Monkey island 1 and 2, Ireally am missing that cheesie music :p

Im using the CD Rom version (I have the multipack 1, 2 and 3) and I cant find any sounds to copy over, and I have re read the readme to no avail.

If the sounds files are not to big can someone send them to me?

stevefitzg@hotmail.com

I do own the games, im not asking for a pirate copy, just the sound files because I think maybe they need encoding?

Thanks,

Steve.

check scummvm.org most likely you have a soundfile calld monster.sou you need to download the scummvm tools from thair site wich comes with a tool (extract) wich lets you onvert the file to ogg monster.sog this should fit than on the memory card, dont remeber evrything but its well documented.
also i never had any problems running any of the scumm games apart from speed problems, no lockups or something.

fitzsteve posted on Apr 27 2005 at 12:31 PM said:
Im having terrible trouble getting the sounds working on Monkey island 1 and 2, Ireally am missing that cheesie music :p

Im using the CD Rom version (I have the multipack 1, 2 and 3) and I cant find any sounds to copy over, and I have re read the readme to no avail.

If the sounds files are not to big can someone send them to me?

stevefitzg@hotmail.com

I do own the games, im not asking for a pirate copy, just the sound files because I think maybe they need encoding?

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi Again,

Just incase anyone else is using the CD rom multipack version of Monkey Island 1 and 2, the music is on the CD as regular CD music, you have to rip is as Wav and convert to Ogg or you can just rip stright to Ogg as I did if your ripper has that option, then copy the Ogg files to your Monkey 1 and Monkey 2 folders :)

Have fun,

Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back