Money Money Money.

I would love to see if 100% of preorderers emailed for refund, as well as the people just recieved pissdora, send it back for refund =D

Schnatterplatsch said:
Bitching about politicians seems to get boring...
The YT-link was only inserted to make sure, I didn´t invent the quote. Just thought one or two lines are fitting quiet well, here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a quote I didn't invent as well:
"Wer anderen eine Bratwurst brät, der hat ein Bratwurstbratgerät"

I sold my 2 pandoras as they were crap....both them came same day both looked totaly different one was crooked other bowed screen they are made by people in a basement and you can tell. Spending $1000 on two of these and then seeing the build on them good thing I was siting down...expect cheap plastic good thing on ebay I got all my money back lol and quicker then any of you well get a refund :p

Pandora is the new gizmondo

MontyQ said:
I sold my 2 pandoras as they were crap....both them came same day both looked totaly different one was crooked other bowed screen they are made by people in a basement and you can tell.

Can't argue there - the build quality is very poor.

It's getting better though; issues are being resolved, new parts are ordered in and aside from the PTOD issue doing the rounds (which ED will fix under warranty) there's very little wrong with it now. Yes, the plastics are abysmal but that's the only problem.

And the software base is growing rapidly which can only mean... that the Pandora isn't crap :)

D.

Dunny said:
And the software base is growing rapidly which can only mean... that the Pandora isn't crap :)
pandora is not a crap, it is a liquid product of diarea

quasist said:
Dunny said:
pandora is not a crap, it is a liquid product of diarea
Lol yes very true, only time tell Ed and Craig are living in a gutter saying fucccccccccccccckkkkkk why did we do this...why did we made a outdated turd and lose our homes and all our money and the money of 1000s of people lol.

Also there is a fynny thing. There is NO ~3000 of pissdoras. OpenPissdora make up it number to pose it =P

quasist said:
I would love to see if 100% of preorderers emailed for refund, as well as the people just recieved pissdora, send it back for refund =D
That's not a very nice thing to wish. Do you understand what exactly that would do to both Craig and Michael? They both took major financial risks in doing this. It's one thing to disapprove, but I have to wonder just what exactly happened to you in that past that you would actually wish harm in the form of certain financial destruction upon two people you've never met. Did they kill your puppy or something? Seriously, some find your comments about how much you hate the "Pissdora" to be cute and quaint, but this here is tantamount to threatening and there is absolutely no call for that at all among civilized human beings. I wouldn't wish for you to lose all your money and be forced to live on the streets, I would kindly ask that you not wish so upon others. Thank you.

Don't bother trying to reason with quasist Stan. He's just a massive troll.

The bigger mystery is why he was unbanned without anyone bothering to check if he's even interested in behaving differently from how he used to..

im really starting to like this quasist guy...only wish i understood his words like i understand his message

aq21 said:
EvilDragon said:
Also, once everything is properly setup, Pandoras should be available from stock January / February 2012.

But people who paid you for them over 3 years ago (three and a half years, by that time) will still be waiting.

Very honest.

Give me a better option. Donate 600,000 EUR and I'll make sure everyone who preordered will get their Pandora first.
I'd love to do this.

However, it's not possible, so I'm trying to work out the best possible solution here.

If you've got a better one, let me know.

Also, I don't know what this has to do with honesty.
You can ask me anyhing and I will give you an honest reply. Promised.

Last edited:
Iorgy77 said:
So are you actually saying that people who do the 10euro pre-order now will get their pandoras before the batch 1 and 2 pre-orderers?

They will still have to pay the whole price (375 or 445 EUR minus the preorder payment) before getting their Pandoras, which is far more than preorderers from batch 1 and Batch 2 had to pay. ^^

But you seem to be missing the point: The new produced Pandoras must partially go to new orderers, because else not enough money would be there to fulfill all orders and there would be no future for the Pandora. Partially the new produced Pandoras will go to Batch 1 and 2 preorderers too.

Do the right thing OP, get the batch 1 and 2 monkey off your back and then move forward with fulfilling new orders. break the cycle and show people its not just the same crap with a different person in charge.

People have been waiting years. How many more refund requests do you want?

Iorgy77 said:
Do the right thing OP, get the batch 1 and 2 monkey off your back and then move forward with fulfilling new orders. break the cycle and show people its not just the same crap with a different person in charge.

People have been waiting years. How many more refund requests do you want?

It seems that people are understandably confused about the relationship between Craigs firm Open Pandora Ltd & EDs firm Open Pandora GmbH, these are separate entities.

This is a complex situation but in essence ED has no obligation to supply Pandoras for orders placed with Craig and vice versa. The fact that ED is looking for a way to do so speaks volumes about the guy IMHO.

Can't really understand the anti Pandora sentiment in an open source community, but to all the haters who could have done so much better please direct me to where I can buy the open source console you and a few of your mates have funded & manufactured. Looking forward to seeing what you've done for the open source movement.

Understand the current situation and be fair to the OpenPandora team as well. They invested hundreds of thousands of dollars of own money into the Pandora and a hell of a lot of unpaid time. It's just a misfortune that CircuitCo turned out to be shit and no one can be blamed for their faults.

EvilDragon is working his ass off right now to make everyone happy and get their Pandoras. In order to do this it's simply not possible to fulfill first the preorders from Batch 1 and 2 and then go on to fulfill the new orders, because then much more money would need to be raised (read: donated) to keep everything in a steady flow or even be able to continue. So to keep the amount of money needed low, EvilDragon decided to sell some of the new produced Pandoras to new orderers and generate the needed money this way. Effect: All people from Batch 1 and 2 will get their Pandoras (even those who paid far less than the Pandora's current price) plus the Pandora will stay alive and have a future. I suppose all of you who preordered want a future for the Pandora, at least I wouldn't want to buy a handheld that will no longer be produced and supported after I got it.

Just try to be patient a few months more. If EvilDragon's plan works out, we will have a stable Pandora production in January next year.

kyuu said:
Understand the current situation and be fair to the OpenPandora team as well. They invested hundreds of thousands of dollars of own money into the Pandora and a hell of a lot of unpaid time. It's just a misfortune that CircuitCo turned out to be shit and no one can be blamed for their faults.

The blame is completely OpenPandora's - During the year and a half that we waited for the case, they were asked multiple time "what is going on with the boards?", and they always answered: "The boards are easy. No need to make them until the cases are ready."

See here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51015-what-about-the-boards
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50207-word-on-the-mobos

Back