Mobile Phone

Nova posted on Feb 13 2007 at 06:03 PM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Feb 13 2007 at 10:38 PM said:
the new MotoRIZR Z6 does all you want besides maybe the headphone jack, not sure, but the fact it runs on linux should excite you

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5483295736.html

EDI: can't find if it has 3.5mm headphone socket, probably doesn't, but it has linux!

Really? That's funny, cos it was in this months copy of Windows Vista Official magazine..
what it say? you can even check the official motorola site, it says it runs on Linux. it does support all windows media files completely tho

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably uses the same headphone jacks as the Motorola RAZR. It probably is the same you put in the rear end of your card-reader. Like a little bit like this:

[][][][][][]/
.[][][][][][].

Never used my headphones though. Too afraid to break the jack so I couldn't charge my phone anymore. Anyways, Motorola Phones suck btw :rolleyes:

It basically says about it's full compatibility with Media player, and napster, etc..

DemonStar55 posted on Feb 13 2007 at 04:41 PM said:
Nova posted on Feb 13 2007 at 06:37 PM said:
It basically says about it's full compatibility with Media player, and napster, etc..
hehe, and it runs on linux, that's silly
Why? It's not like it's impossible to license the necessary codecs and DRM implementations. I'm sure MS would have no problem with Linux phones and MP3 players using its formats rather than Apple's, as long as the price is paid.

Make sure you add a really stupid ringtone and also a stupid noise for when you receive a message so you can annoy the rest of the human population ;)

The Nokia N95 is exactly what you needed, look it up.

I have the W800i and its great for music and pics.

You can get a 3.5mm converter for around £2 on ebay for the Sony Ericsson phones, not sure about others...

Back