Mobile Phone

goob

I'm looking for a mobile phone that can do ALL of the following (besides the standard phone functions :)

- Radio (FM)
- MP3 player
- Removeable media
- 3.5mm headphone socket (this one seems a stumbling point)
- Reasonable battery life

Anything out there on the market?

NoidZ posted on Feb 11 2007 at 01:13 PM said:
Sony Ericsson Walkman Phones. I recommend you'll look for one with an expandable memory.

Good luck!
The ones I've seen from them have a non-standard headphone socket, and I don't want to use a converter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you should listen to your music with the headphones the phone comes with. They're not that bad. Although Sennheiser is always better ofcourse :rolleyes:

That's the point, I want to use my noise cancelling headphones with them...

Fishbong posted on Feb 11 2007 at 01:44 PM said:
Just keep your old phone and get yourself a decent mp3 player. You´ll end up with better sound, larger diskspace and longer battery life.
No thanks

I'm pretty sure the SE W950i comes with a 3.5mm adapter, just a pity it's not too easy to use as a phone from what I've heard. The W850i seems much better but I don't know if that's got 3.5mm. Some of the Nokia N series have 3.5mm too but I can't remember which one it was that I saw. Could have been the N80, but I wouldn't recommend you get any Nokia S60 crap.

woogal posted on Feb 11 2007 at 03:15 PM said:
I'm pretty sure the SE W950i comes with a 3.5mm adapter, just a pity it's not too easy to use as a phone from what I've heard. The W850i seems much better but I don't know if that's got 3.5mm. Some of the Nokia N series have 3.5mm too but I can't remember which one it was that I saw. Could have been the N80, but I wouldn't recommend you get any Nokia S60 crap.
Yes, the W950i do come with a 3.5mm adapter. Thanks for your post, although maybe there is a model out there that doesn't need an adapter?

Goob posted on Feb 11 2007 at 02:49 PM said:
Fishbong posted on Feb 11 2007 at 01:44 PM said:
Just keep your old phone and get yourself a decent mp3 player. You´ll end up with better sound, larger diskspace and longer battery life.
No thanks
And be out of battery life when you actually need to call someone?

He's just new generation. The phone just has to be used to play music, nomatter the quality is bad, disturbing other people and the battety-life of your phone drops so bad, he has to recharge it every 6 hours after one year max.

;)

Yeah, but its of course way cooler hearing his music with a phone, also i shouldn´t have talked about audio quality, he doesn´t seem tho know what i´m talking about.

I bought a mobile phone with an MP3 player built in, and I thought I'd use it for all my musical needs. However in the end I couldn't be bothered, what with using special software to transfer files, and the battery life (and this was a 300 quid samsung!) I ended up using a walkman with a nice 20gigs built in and a 25 hour battery life, nice!

So dude, just get the Nokia 5300, I have heard good things about it, and then get an Ipod shuffle. The Nokia has a dedicated MP3 player and 3.5mm jack if you really need it, but on any mobile phones battery life, I just wouldn't recommend it.

K?

Yeh I was looking into getting a new phone today and in the store the salesman is like,' this has an inbuilt MP3 player that can store up to 2 hours of music.' And I'm like,'I have a 20Gb Archos Gmini 402 that can hold upto 80hours of music. I just want a phone.' I think MP3 playback on phones is useless. Most people nowadays have mp3 players( although the majority hae iPods although i cant see why people choose to go with iPods)

MP3 on mobiles is daft for the battery reasons.

But Cameras on Mobiles are great! I have the SE k800 with the 3.2 megapixel camera. It really takes great pictures and handles itself like a regular digicam. And is always there. I have millions of pics and videos of my daughter on there and I love it like a willing whore!

(The phone I mean)

lubidog posted on Feb 13 2007 at 08:12 PM said:

But Cameras on Mobiles are great! I have the SE k800 with the 3.2 megapixel camera. It really takes great pictures and handles itself like a regular digicam. And is always there. I have millions of pics and videos of my daughter on there and I love it like a willing whore!

(The phone I mean)

Hear Hear.

Fishbong posted on Feb 12 2007 at 07:22 AM said:
Yeah, but its of course way cooler hearing his music with a phone, also i shouldn´t have talked about audio quality, he doesn´t seem tho know what i´m talking about.
I don't think you know what you are talking about...

lubidog posted on Feb 13 2007 at 08:12 PM said:

(The phone I mean)
This thread is not about the merits of using a mobile phone as an mp3 player...

DemonStar55 posted on Feb 13 2007 at 10:38 PM said:
the new MotoRIZR Z6 does all you want besides maybe the headphone jack, not sure, but the fact it runs on linux should excite you

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5483295736.html

EDI: can't find if it has 3.5mm headphone socket, probably doesn't, but it has linux!

Really? That's funny, cos it was in this months copy of Windows Vista Official magazine..

Back