Fed Up

zRichi

I've been following this project for ages now and fed up. I was thinking of getting a dell streak and doing this mod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbFpMTAxuMs

But it's a mobile phone so the battery will be shocking (dead by 4pm) and if I'm using it as a phone,mp3 player and console it won't make it til noon.

It's amazing it's been ages since the pandora came out and there still isnt anything like it. So I think I may finally take the plunge (was going to a few months back but decided against it as I'm very frugal/a cheap skate)

Anybody know the waiting times at mo??

Also do Open Pandora plan on upgrading the CPU as time goes on? Or is that a nigh impossible feat?

Also I've moaned on here loads before but I have to say what the OP team has created is bloody amazing. They hit such a massive empty part of the market.
As soon as they get production ramped up they can start making a frigging killing.

a pandora 2 could be a while off but craig said they plan on keeping the case design for a pandora 2.am posting from my pandoora here.turned it on after a hiatus.really nice surfing the net on it. :)nice mod with the snes controller.Best game controller
ever i reckon.

Still up in the air I'm afraid. It might be worth ordering now so you can get a good spot in Batch 2, but no-one knows when they'll actually be delivered. Personally I would think 2nd quarter of 2011 is realistic if you haven't ordered yet. :unsure:

That mod you linked to looks pretty sweet, but IMO if you're going to have all that extra bulk in your pocket, you may as well get a Caanoo or Wiz or something and then you wouldn't have the whole battery problem at all. Mods like that seem like a bad idea to me unless you already have the right phone, and even then I think you'd be better off just buying another machine. Personally I just take my Dingoo in my pocket, it plays MP3s for hours and it's small enough that you don't notice it.

That was a pretty cool mod but I also think it is a little bulky. I'd probably also go with the Dingoo if you're waiting for the Pandora. It is cheap(ish) and small.

I'm also amazed at how empty the market is when looking for a device to match the Pandora. I can't believe no one else is making a Pandora rip off. Just a handheld with the specs of the Caanoo or even a Dingoo with decent gaming controls would do well. I don't know what it is but the quality device makers just want to do only touch screens and the ones that want to put out open gaming devices always skimp on the controls it seems.

Back