Missing images since forum software upgrade :(

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
(note to mods: I tried looking for a good subforum for moans about the forum software installation, but couldn't find one.  Feel free to move this to somewhere better should somewhere better exist)

Since the update to the forum software, images in posts don't appear unless I'm running javascript :(

Granted, I could use a browser that runs javascript but pages seem to take an age to load with javascript on, and if my connection's at all spotty (which it often is), frequently pages won't load properly at all, and I can't even enter text into any reply boxes that should load until everything's loaded and all the scripts have had time to run.  It really is one step forward and two steps back sometimes.

Granted also there's a big banner up top if you're not running javascript threatening things will break, but all that used to break was the fancy editor, and little things like paragraph breaks if you weren't good and previewed your post before submitting.

I guess there's little change of ED downgrading the software for some techno stick-in-the-mud like me, but has anyone any tips for getting round this issue?  I've already tried mobile mode, but that's pretty nasty, still doesn't show images (even with javascript enabled, it seemed), and won't even let you back to the full version without javascript!

Ah, that was no upgrade.

It was an addon that makes the forum load faster, lazy-loading all pictures (it first loads and displays content and while you're reading already, continues to load the pictures).

That's what's using javascript. If that's an issue, I'll turn it off again.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Ah, that's better - I have avatars back! Thanks!

I'd not noticed the 'local time' indicator before so I assumed it was an upgrade that brought that and the image shenanigans in at the same time.

Ah, that's better - I have avatars back! Thanks! I'd not noticed the 'local time' indicator before so I assumed it was an upgrade that brought that and the image shenanigans in at the same time.
That's another plugin :D

I worked a bit on improving the boards ;)

The quote/mention thing that pops up, is it possible to turn that off just for yourself? I'm one of those that highlight the text I read for some reason, and having that little dialog pop up all the time is rather annoying.

I agree...  as much as I like and want the features the popup is offering,  I'd much rather have them available as buttons at the bottom of each post as with the existing Quote and MultiQuote buttons.

- Neelix

@Binky, heh....  I'm actually not too fussed about the "Mention"   button...  Though I suppose it has novelty value.

It's the selective quote feature I want to keep.

- Neelix

Back