Miss the GCW Zero? The RetroGame RG350 is the modern equivalent

Would be nice. I wonder which of these many china Handheld devices has a real and busy community out there (not counting our community here). Maybe GPD in general?

Why the hell did they mess up the controls? The controls on the left are in the wrong position for a retro device to play old consoles! They have simply copied the switch design.

Last edited:
This one looks really nice. Maybe one of them will catch on and be produced for longer than 6 months, so there's time for a community to form and build cool things for it instead of the same recycled emulators... :|
You can get it in non-limited, plastic form as well. Here's a comparison of the plastic GK350H, the RG350, and the PlayGo.

I have a GCW Zero and still love it, despite the HDMI out never really working and the WiFi being less than perfect... hopefully, as the RG350 is basically the same internal hardware as my Zero, there will be new games and ports that I can run. I really like that Gmenu2x is still being used, I've loved that menu since my GP2X :)

This might be a strange question, but how does the performance of this compare to the Pandora? Which is more likely to get better framerates in SNES, GBA, or PSX? What about ports like Quake?

I have the new aluminium version at home. Pretty nice and a lot better than the first revision.
I'll probably offer it in my shop as well.
Post automatically merged:

This might be a strange question, but how does the performance of this compare to the Pandora? Which is more likely to get better framerates in SNES, GBA, or PSX? What about ports like Quake?

1GHz Pandora offers a better performance.

I have the new aluminium version at home. Pretty nice and a lot better than the first revision.
I'll probably offer it in my shop as well.

1GHz Pandora offers a better performance.

Interesting. Will you be restocking Pandora batteries?

from what i read, the new pyra batteries will kind of fit into the pandora too. they are thicker (and 2000mah beefier), so one only needs a modified battery compartment lid.

Are you sure they're not also wider? I know you can fit a pandora battery into a pyra provided you pack out the remaining space well, and I thought it would need some at the sides as well as behind the battery to push it into the contacts, which would suggest it's both wider and thicker.

I was really surprised when a colleagues told me that these new consoles struggle with some games that my "old" Pandora runs flawlessly.

I was really surprised when a colleagues told me that these new consoles struggle with some games that my "old" Pandora runs flawlessly.
Well calling the new is a bit of stretch. Its the same internals as the GCW zero. I might get a pockets go 2 though. These devices are the only ones left with the old gemu2x style menus.

Are you sure they're not also wider? I know you can fit a pandora battery into a pyra provided you pack out the remaining space well, and I thought it would need some at the sides as well as behind the battery to push it into the contacts, which would suggest it's both wider and thicker.

just looked it up again and you're right

Are you asking for different stick colors, or for different types? While I think a flat analog controller like what they used on the 3DS or PSP would have been a heck of a lot better for pocketability, the taller thumbsticks are the only option available. Color-wise, it looks like your options are light grey, orange, or black, depending on which color scheme you choose. The yellow sticks in the image I posted above seem to only have been for the prototype, and it doesn't look like they're selling them in the final version.

Apologies for the almost 1 year late reply.

I was referring to the analogue sticks, as sometimes I see this pictured with the caps on and sometimes with them off.
It looks different to me, when in fact it's the same thing, just without the analogue stick caps.

Btw,
I finally purchased one of these (RG-350) today. It's so awesome <3

IMG-20200808-140603.jpg

Ended up buying a pocketgo 2 since I could get one cheapish locally. It should do me until these odroid go advance clones work out all their kinks.

Saw someone did a pico-8 interpreter for these handhelds which I'm pretty excited to try.

https://0xcafed00d.itch.io/tac08-rg350

I keep getting tempted by the RG350M but ever since I got a good battery for my Pandora, it's been tough to justify the cost. It doesn't look like a huge improvement in SNES, GBA, or PSX, from the videos I've seen. Hopefully something comes along with comparable build quality that handles N64 and DC nicely.

Back