Minitroid

Jumpman

Advanced Member
This is a windows project, but it looks super cool.

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/08/preview_minitroid_tokinsom.html

Maybe the programmer can be bribed to port it to linux. Just a thought. Enjoy!

Chris

Wow, that looks really fun! And it looks like it has a real Cave Story feel to it.
Curious lack of metroids, though, but it is only a tech demo after all.

second exodous said:
Wow, it is very Metroid meet Cave Story.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this clip.

Cave Story has a lot of Metroids best qualities, and is super fun. I'm sure there's no use in looking for ports until the game is finished, but I would hope it makes the rounds like Cave Story has. I will for sure keep this one on my radar! ;)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm sorry ... but I'm gonna come in here and break your hearts.
This game is made with Construct.
It's like Multimedia Fusion and Windows only (though the program itself is open source).

Again ... sorry :(
I'd love to see it on the Panda as well.

Looks cute. :D
Sadly, the game makers of today seems to use more and more such "exotic" tools to make games. C (++) seems to be "out" these days. :(

maybe the game can be converted into an compatible and "real" coding language?

traylorpark said:
It's like Multimedia Fusion and Windows only (though the program itself is open source).
Ouch this is too bad. Looks like it heavily relies upon directx as well, so no easy port.

It always amazes me that people creating such frameworks and tools lock themselves to a single platform.

Caine said:
traylorpark said:
Ouch this is too bad. Looks like it heavily relies upon directx as well, so no easy port.

It always amazes me that people creating such frameworks and tools lock themselves to a single platform.

Well, Depending on how old it is, it might have made sense. I know back when OpenZelda was created, Windows was the only thing anyone who wanted to play games took seriously, so it made sense to make it for Windows. Now that it is being rewritten, it is being written to be multiplatform.

-God Ginrai

might this be one of those cases where winelib for arm might come in useful? no idea, just guessing here.
edit: oh and srry for bump, just noticed

It would help if it's open source. I haven't been following the project so I have no idea where it is at the moment, though. If it's released, someone may be able to just get the source code and work at porting it, or maybe email the creator and ask permission to make a pandora port. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait.

Back