Beta MiniMenu Skin Manager

dan3008

On 2 diffrent posts now, I have eluded to my upcoming skin manager for mini menu, and here it is:

Using skiner is really simple:
on first boot, you'll be asked to select your SD card from a list of all devices in /media. It is important that you select a valid SD card and not your ram or harddisk. Trust me, that gets messy

After that, if you change SD card, or want to move onto a second card, simply press space or A and reselect. Now you will be taken to the install screen, where you'll see all avalible skins listed, and a preview of the selected skin. Navigate this menu with the up and down arrows, and press enter or B to install that skin. Once the skin is installed, the red selection bar will go green to tell you its installed

R activates uninstall mode. Here you can select a skin to uninstall with enter or B. L returns to the install screen.
This program will not stop you uninstalling your active skin, but dont worry, mini menu will reset to default if you do that.

Tested and works on my rebirth model, Feel free to coment, and advise on any improvements :)

View attachment skiner.pnd

--edit--

Additional note, I've just discovered, there is an upper limit of 9 installed skins (including default 2) that can be accessed from the select menu at any one time. So I recomend only having 1 or 2 skins installed at once, and remove old skins that you no longer want :L

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you planning to put this on the repo?  I generally prefer to get everything I can from there using PND manager.

put it on the repo this morning :)  I even reinstalled it through pnd manager to be certain :)

Works fine.  Why does it take so long to move between skin zip files?

good question... probably because it has to pull the preview from the internet every time. next update, ill have it download the previews on load, or 

Back