MineCraft

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
https://www.youtube.com/embed/jO-y5wzmK4E?feature=oembed

http://kotaku.com/5805500/behold-the-shrunken-glory-of-minecraft-running-on-an-android-phone

minecraft_01.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5805378/our-first-look-at-minecraft-on-android

i would rather get minedroid

i don't want a "less advanced" pocket mine craft when i could just play minedroid for free

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. I'm picking up an Android tablet next week, and I get the feeling that I'll be trying this out. :p

No worries~

Incidentally, I'll also be picking up an Anroid tablet (it might have 3.1 honeycomb in it?) in September or October (I should be able to afford one by then)...So, I also hope to get into this mobile gaming fad starting with MiniMineCraft.

It will be my first ever tablet to own. :blink:

It would be really awesome if Notch would be willing to take the effort to port this version to his Pandora, but I strongly doubt he will.

In approximately 33 days from now it'll be tax-return time, so I WILL DEFINITELY be able to get an Android smart phone, as well as be able to fully pay off my Android Tablet. Exciting times ahead! :)

Notch may just do a Pandora port at some point, well he owns one, but for now just the Xperia Play has minecraft, then it will appear on the rest of Android and iOS later on.

Problem is the desktop version of the game is Java, and whilst it's been done for Linux it's resource hungry :( regardless, we can dream.

Actually he is quite OpenSource friendly, a OpenPandora port is not impossible, if some one sends him a pandora :p , Otherwise i think we will have to wait until people stops buying the game.. that might take a while...

The future

I plan on developing Minecraft until it's a finished complete game, with a downloadable client (with fullscreen mode), custom key re mappings and possibly modding support.

For as long as people enjoy and purchase the game, I will develop extensions after the game is done.

Once sales start dying and a minimum time has passed, I will release the game source code as some kind of open source. I'm not very happy with the draconian nature of (L)GPL, nor do I believe the other licenses have much merit other than to boost the egos of the original authors, so I might just possibly release it all as public domain.

Oh btw do we have Java up and running with HW acceleration?? might be a good first step..

Is it really so hard to port android to the pandora? its already running on N900 and the beagleboard, there should not be too much HW differences.

I do hope it has kb & mouse compatibility though, as I'm hopeless with motion controls, ie Kinect.

won't happen, controller sure, but not keyboard and mouse, that'd open up a whoel new can o worms.

wonder how much of a rewrite it took though, cause 360s don't run java last i checked

Back