Beta Midori 0.3.3

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Midori 0.3.3 packaged with my set of debian libraries to get proper rendering.

midori.png

Update 5/4/11:
Updated with Jey123456's patches

it fix a crash when overwriting a file on download.
it has a workaround for the lack of video playing plugin (so it doesnt just show the broken plugin page), and instead offer you to save, save-as, open or play.
added the "play" functionality on download, it feed the download link to streamer which then handle the magic and make it stream live in panplayer.
fixed the open/open dir functions (they did nothing on the pandora, due to gnome-open being broke right, added a quick workaround).

Midori 0.3.6 has been released
»»» Download «««

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for the updated version (which, hopefully, doesn't crash like the pre-installed one)... hoping it's not too much of a pain to remove the pre-installed version...

EDIT: I see task-pandora-xfce is dependent on midori, curious as to whether removal or midori will cause any real issues...

Thanks, this seems to be a lot less crashy, for one thing. (haven't had it crash yet, anyway)

@CPU, I don't think this replaces the existing one, this is just an alternative "fixed" version. You have to select it in the menu.

In fact, as far as I know, the PND doesn't even contain the Midori binary, just the alternative libraries to make it work. It is still actually calling the midori binary that exists on the firmware, as well as most of the libraries it requires, this just contains a few updated ones.
I wonder how many of these libraries could directly replace the ones on the NAND. Probably a lot of problems to do that, I imagine. If we had more space, we could have both sets, that's how Linux is supposed to be able to operate, but we're on a tight budget.

Possibly of note: this wasn't running for me until I installed the CCCP.

Oh man, this looks like a really neat update. Thank you!

EDIT: I don't get how the video downloading thing works. Let's say I navigate to a Youtube video. What do I do next?

it wont make the flash video work, tho i believe youtube offer download link for the vids as well.

just that before this patch, if you opened a download link to an avi and the server sent an video/* mime, then midori would try to open it in a video streaming plugin, which was broken, so i took that part out and replaced it with regular download.

the streaming part is on those regular download, any video file you can download, you can also stream (play in panplayer without saving it on your sd or nand) using the play button.

@Custom Processing Unlimite

could you post whats in your /tmp/pndrun_midori-0.3.3.out

@Jey123456:

Code:
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop0
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3 type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3 as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec, noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3=rr non /mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3
none on /mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3 type aufs (rw,si=6351fa77,noplink)
[------------------------------]{ App start }
[---------------------------------]
ls: cannot access ./plugins: No such file or directory
./midori.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[------------------------------]{ App end }
cleanup done

NOTE: just hand typed this as I didn't feel like navigating to the page on my Pandora (net super slow at the moment) and I was hoping to better comprehend what I typed having typed it, but I am still a bit lost on how it all works... the 'plink' thing kinda throws me off as I don't know exactly what that is, nor the si=6351fa77... I'm sure that's in hex, but not sure what it means...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
@Jey123456:

Code:
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop0
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3 type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3 as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec, noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3=rr non /mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3
[------------------------------]{ App start }
ls: cannot access ./plugins: No such file or directory
./midori.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[------------------------------]{ App end }
cleanup done

NOTE: just hand typed this as I didn't feel like navigating to the page on my Pandora (net super slow at the moment) and I was hoping to better comprehend what I typed having typed it, but I am still a bit lost on how it all works... the 'plink' thing kinda throws me off as I don't know exactly what that is, nor the si=6351fa77... I'm sure that's in hex, but not sure what it means...

is the line that interest us here. whats your missing is that library. there is a fix on the openpandora board.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/2650-midori-033/page__view__findpost__p__46481

hi reposting here

midori still seems to crash when downloading and overwriting file -

=====================================================================================
PND_SCRIPT : pnd_run.sh
PND_ARGS : -p /media/PANDORA1/pandora/menu/apps//midori-0.3.3-1.pnd -e ./run -b midori-0.3.3
PND : /media/PANDORA1/pandora/menu/apps//midori-0.3.3-1.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : ./run
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=====================================================================================
[17h40m16 START ]======= Mount the PND ============================================
[17h40m17 INFO ] - Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop2" "/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3"
[17h40m17 INFO ] - Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3"
[17h40m17 SUCCESS ]======= Mount the PND ============================================
[17h40m18 START ]======= Starting the application (./run ) ========================
[17h40m18 ERROR ] - ls: cannot access ./plugins: No such file or directory
[17h40m18 INFO ] - ./midori.bin: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62: no version information available (required by /mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.2)
[17h40m20 INFO ] -
[17h40m20 INFO ] - ** (midori.bin:3055): WARNING **: No root certificate file is available. SSL certificates cannot be verified.
[17h40m20 INFO ] -
[17h40m20 INFO ] - ** (midori.bin:3055): WARNING **: /usr/lib/midori/libfeed-panel.so: undefined symbol: katze_net_new
[17h42m26 INFO ] - **
[17h42m26 ERROR ] - Gtk:ERROR:gtkfilesystemmodel.c:746:gtk_file_system_model_sort: assertion failed: (r == n_visible_rows)
[17h42m27 INFO ] - ././run: line 11: 3055 Aborted ./midori.bin
[17h42m28 FAILED ]======= Starting the application (./run ) ========================
[17h42m29 START ]======= uMount the PND ===========================================
[17h42m29 INFO ] - cleanup done
[17h42m30 SUCCESS ]======= uMount the PND ===========================================
Return code is : 5

yea, im not sure why it seem to happen with the pnded version ><. ill need to do some tests when i have a few hours.

Hmm.... It seems the binary jey123456 uploaded is exactly the same as the one initially shipped in the midori 0.3.3 PND (unless I'm screwing up my tests...)

well, its quite easy to test. start a download, if there is only "save" "save as" "open" and "cancel" then its not the updated version there should be "play" too

Jey123456 said:
well, its quite easy to test. start a download, if there is only "save" "save as" "open" and "cancel" then its not the updated version there should be "play" too

seems pnd in first post is not updated midori - does not have play oprion when downloading a file

Back