Memory Stick Duo / Pro Duo ???

Quiest

I like turtles!
Which one is needed for the PSP?

I clicked some eBay sales for MS Pro Duo and it says PSP compatible but there is an MS Duo adaptor included... and the 32mb card I have is MS Duo, will I need the adaptor?

Can someone help me, which is the one to buy for the psp (I want 1 gig)?

Here is the auction I looked at: Linky

You can only use a pro duo.

Pro duo's are about I---------I this big. And Normal duo's are about I--------------------I this big, they simply don't fit. An adaptor could work but I wouldn't even bother!

Twimfy posted on Aug 31 2005 at 11:57 AM said:

Pro duo's are about I---------I this big. And Normal duo's are about I--------------------I this big, they simply don't fit. An adaptor could work but I wouldn't even bother!

AFAIK

Pro Duos are I---------I

Duos are I---------I

Pro is I--------------------I

and normal MS is I--------------------I

Last edited by a moderator:
mattmagoo posted on Aug 31 2005 at 01:45 PM said:
Twimfy posted on Aug 31 2005 at 11:57 AM said:

AFAIK

Pro Duos are I---------I

Duos are I---------I

Pro is I--------------------I

and normal MS is I--------------------I

My mistake. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on where you buy them, Gamestop still sells 1gb for 145 bucks (USD), RIDICULOUS!

What I first heard was that you could use either Pro Duo or Duo, as long as they were the shorter Memsticks they'd work. I believe I read that on Sony's own website. But it's been a while.

Also for some reason I find My card reader wont read the Pro Duo if you put it in the adapter and into the cardreader to put stuff on it. I've had to use the USB cable every time.

Im an ebay man. it's like my fav site, and its the same place i bought my GP32 on.

i got my pro duo new on ebay for 120 w/ shipping. that was about 4 months ago. I checked now and theys just cracking 100.

Yeah, the Sony Memorystick stuff is like this:

DUO means, it's a SHORT one (about half as long as the normal one).
PRO means, it supports more than 128MB and is a bit faster.

Now you can combine everything together.

i.e. a MS DUO 128MB is a short, slower Memorystick with 128MB.
MS DUO PRO 128MB is a short, faster Memorystick with 128MB.
MS PRO 128MB is a long, faster Memorystick with 128MB
MS 128MB is a long, slower Memorystick with 128MB.

AFAIK the PSP also supports non-pro Memorysticks, though you really should get a Pro...

The 2 gig is a bit of over kill unless you really, really, really, want a lot of video or store 500 songs. A one gig should already be able to fit atleast 2.5 hours provided you encode correctly.

Yup, 1 Gig for homebrew is more than enough.
I still have 700 Meg free ;)

(imagine... 1 Gig... that's 7 SMCs :))

Back